Computer Restarting For No Reason

Aj907

At first my pc was running very slowly so I suspected a virus. Ad-Aware and my virus scanner didnt find anything. So I went online and ran the online Panda scanner. It finds 10 viruses and disinfects them. Case solved, pc runs fine.

So I shut off my pc and in the morning turn it on. It runs fine and loads up my desktop. About 5 seconds after loading, my computer reboots itself. It will continue to reboot until after about 3 reboots it stops. This happens everytime I shut off my pc. I run all scanner...nothing. Help please #-o

25709th to 99 Fishing - 2-5-10

Try system restore, have you installed any new hardware?

Doesn't windows give you an error report that you can send to the microsoft website?

Goodluck

heartogoldcopy1oo5cv.jpg

A big shout-out to o0samurai0o for the awesome sig!!!

Members is hawt

101 Combat

{Live Fast. Die Young. Leave A Good Looking Corpse}

Open up the case, and see if you can hear your fans running or feel any direct heat coming from inside. Some computers have BIOS settings which enable your computer to Automatically power down on over heat. To Prevent any further damage, i would not keep trying to run it, take it to a technician if possible.

yourmysin.jpeg

Current Goals

80/80 Fletching

60/75 Woodcutting

97/100 Combat

maybe its nothing to do with a virus, maybes its over heating

yeah...if your computer restarts itself like that it usually means that it is overheating. if you have an intel p4 i can almost guarantee that you are using the heatsink that it came with and that it is overheating. i have the same issue at times b/c intels heat up very quickly. i was going to buy a copper heatsink to resolve the issue...just never got around to it though. (doesn't happen very frequently...maybe once a month)

grab a pure copper heatsink...and it will most definately not overheat...that is unless you are using your computer in a very very hot room lol

Even if it dones't happen regularly, you shouldn't allow it to happen. Over heating can cause major damage if it goes on. My friend lost a Hard drive due to over heating, and it can detroy your processor. Theres a few things you can do

Get a better heaksink

Use some thermal paste

Buy a $5 fan for your box

or...

Just open your side case