I used to be a member, but now... - Why I chose to be F2P

ShadowedKitten

I'm thinking about going members once I finally get a job, I mainly just attempt to raise my combat skills on F2P at the moment, training up so I can complete Dragon Slayer.

I think I'll enjoy Castle Wars and the fact that you can train up your combat stats quicker in P2P e.g. on Experiments, the most. I'm not as much of a skiller as I used to be.

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

1x Dragon Chainbody (1 Dust Devil Trip)

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

1x Drag Skirt (50+ trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had members pretty early in my playing years (a month or so after I started) and while I played if I was not a member, I didn't play.

You will find that as you get higher levels you will need members in order to gain any sort of entertainment from the game. Killing the almighty Greater Demon at level 100 really isn't much fun.

As for nobody helping you out: I don't play anymore, so it's not really applicable, but I used to help anybody who asked politely and would have been happy to help you too ;) You just have to find some higher level friends who don't think they are better than others because they invest more time in levelling than them.

do you really believe that fishing and castlewars are the only good things? i think the scenery in members is amazing but that is just me. there are also alot of other cool skills like agility, theiving and the quests on p2p are hard just how i like it. also things to get like treasure trails, fire cape there is alot

kalbatorixfull0ug4rn.jpg

Seling 45548 Airs PM if u want to buy some!

I really like being f2p but all my friends who play rs keep baggin me up about my total level and they dont seem to get the fact that they have more skills to level up in :)

Personally i dont want to spend $9 a month on a computer game but i still like f2p because it seems that everyone is much friendlier

what are you talking about 9$ a month?

im currently f2p 72combat and 852 total. i'm going for a 6-month subcription once i finish some goals i have here. if i dont like it after one month ill just cancel it, but from what i've seen and heard from my friends(erm my cousin too) and the community, i doubt that i wont like it.

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

I'm sorry you were at the but of the bad things of the members. I became a member after 3 days of F2P. Even though I would send my little lv 13 running around Catherby clad in full iron, no one was mean enough to call me a noob or anything. Now I get called a noob even if I'm smacking a black dragon around in full obby or whatever. The member community has changed drastically... Not even lv80's 90's and 100's are safe from it.

:|

I hoped you enjoyed my post. If not, you may wish to jot down the name below and make obscene phone calls.

tatefk0.gif

Coming to a big screen near you.