Alternative to more bankspace

sligo

We all complain that there isn't enough bank space. However, if you notice, each time the bank space is increased, it just gets that much harder to find stuff.

Now Jagex recently provided a new method of storing stuff without using bank space, which lends us to this idea. In fact, with this idea, we could probably reduce bank space and not be a problem.

The solution? Construction!

Already, Jagex gave us the "bookcase" to store all those pesky tomes that we may need to refer back to, but otherwise just takes up bank space. Here are some more ideas:

1. Wardrobe: Store all the various clothing items here. Your prince/princess outift, your spare capes, all your party hats, whatever. I'd say a storage limit of about 25 items would be reasonable.

2. Treasure Chest: In here put all those quest items that you think you might need in the future, but not for every day use. 20 items give or take. The limitation is the item has to be 3kg or lighter.

3. Storage shed: The perfect place to store various tools, your sled, things like this. 10 item limit should do the trick.

4. Fibber McGee's closet: Ok, this one might be a stretch. Just put everything into this closet you don't use normally. Only catch - the item has to be stackable. Let's put the limit to around 15 items for this.

You think with these simple additions, we'd easily free up 50 or so bank spaces?

(Oh, by the way, just to let you know, as of writing this, I haven't actually started construction yet! Maybe by the time I do, Jagex will see this and implement it... But don't catch me holding my breath!)

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

The Idea...I like it, personally. Although, there is a very popular thread already going arround about bank space already, and different tabs in your bank and all that, which i think would be a better addiction to runescape's bank space. Personally though, I like the idea and i very much DO agree that having more bank spaces would mean, you would have more items because you need that bank space. So it'd be MUCH harder to find your items. I have trouble right now, and my bank isn't even full! :ohnoes:

P.S:--- Thanks for the thoughful reply on my thread :!: =D> \'

The_Trinity_11

RSN: Cool_Ice77

hmmm... very interesting idea... i dont think the poh was meant to be a strorage area. but it would be very useful and probably cause more people to raise their con lvl and suck more gp out of the economy? ftw...? lol

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

And people thought Construction was a useless skill.

I think setting up tabs in the bank is a great idea (in fact, I may have even thought of it myself at one point!). Especially if you can customize the tab names. The neat thing with it is each tab only needs to be 1 page, so there's no scroll bar - just space for around 40 items.

But even with tabs, storing stuff in your house is a natural extension of construction. You should see my house! (the one in real life, that is)

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

And people thought Construction was a useless skill.

I think setting up tabs in the bank is a great idea (in fact, I may have even thought of it myself at one point!). Especially if you can customize the tab names. The neat thing with it is each tab only needs to be 1 page, so there's no scroll bar - just space for around 40 items.

But even with tabs, storing stuff in your house is a natural extension of construction. You should see my house! (the one in real life, that is)

- Sligo

I do find it quite sad that in YOUR own house...You CAN'T put YOUR own stuff in it as like a bank. I mean, in real life...Would you put clothes/armor/weapons in your BANK?! I mean, that's what MONEY is for #-o and in your OWN house you usually put your items...Unless of course you're a hobo, you keep your stuff in the nearest dumpster :roll: ...

...Unless of course you're a hobo...

Can you imagine people in RS going around pushing rustly old supermarket shopping carts, wearing 6 or so layers of clothing, mumbling nonsense and looking for handouts?

Wait a second - we're already halfway there! *ack*

Add to my previous suggestion:

5. A curio cabinet to put some the the various figurines, amulets and other knick-knacks in. Since this locks, you have to keep the key in your bank. (I'll trade 1 bank slot for 20 any day, especially since I'll put that key on my keychain)

6. A weapons rack. This will give you room to store up to 5 different weapons. Not a big tradeoff, but you can at least store away some of the weapons you never use, like Excalibur, Silverlight, Wolvesbane, etc.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

makeing this update is harder to do than just adding bank space. now im not a member so i wouldnt get the space anyway, but just saying.....

makeing this update is harder to do than just adding bank space. now im not a member so i wouldnt get the space anyway, but just saying.....

You think? Being a programmer, I suggest that it really wouldn't make a bit of difference. Basically, the table that contains your "banked" possessions has a new field added to it that tells us where it is located. The capacity of this table is expanded to allow more entries.

Frankly, I have no idea how the data is stored, but I'm sure it isn't impossible.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

Did you read his whole suggestion? It clearly states (and is pretty obvious in fact) that having more bank space would make your items harder to find. Like now for instance...I can't find my black dragon hide :( ...And my bank isn't even FULL :!: