Help: What to do with my pure?

imlaiceps

This is my f2p pure that will eventually be member once he is good enough.

noob1rl9.png

At first I was going to be a range/mage pure because you can get 99 range/mage and have a surpisingly low cmbt lvl. However, after watching many pk videos it seems that melee pures with 90 att 99 str and 52 prayer and even 99 hp with 1 def ( cmbt lvl 92 ) do very well pking whips ect. With 99 range/mage and hp i'd be 73 combat and I fear that at 73 combat I wouldn't get many valueable pks.

:cry:

Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated! TY 8-)

use prayer to compensate for your lack of def. It won't raise your level nearly as much as defence. Plus its easier to switch prot spells than switching armor. It's all up to you, but for a ranger I perfer to have enough def to use dragon hide bodies...(increases accuracy)

use prayer to compensate for your lack of def. It won't raise your level nearly as much as defence. Plus its easier to switch prot spells than switching armor. It's all up to you, but for a ranger I perfer to have enough def to use dragon hide bodies...(increases accuracy)

Protection prayer? What? What kind of pk'er are you, I advise not to take advice from this guy.

On topic: Just get your strength as high as possible. and your attack like 5-10 levels lower than that of your strength. Get your range to atleast 70, (f you're member that is.) for black d'hide. Get your mage to 85 so you can tele-block. And that about makes a really good pk'er. If you really wanna, get 94 mage :wink:

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

At first I was going to be a range/mage pure because you can get 99 range/mage and have a surpisingly low cmbt lvl. However, after watching many pk videos it seems that melee pures with 90 att 99 str and 52 prayer and even 99 hp with 1 def ( cmbt lvl 92 ) do very well pking whips ect. With 99 range/mage and hp i'd be 73 combat and I fear that at 73 combat I wouldn't get many valueable pks

If you fear that at 73 combat you wont get any valuable pks, you could always get 40 defence to weild dragonhide and mystic with the range/mage char. Just a thought :) I dont know if its a good idea, but it seems to solve the problem :P

Quit - October 7th, 2007.

1700 Total, 4 years of RS.

signatureqb0.jpg

^Click for Blog^

99 defence and dragon armour won't save you from the moderators if you keep over-bumping!

Defence and Prayer are generally against the objective of a pure, though prayer works a hell of a lot better in members (Prayer pot recharge) than it does in F2P.

The appearance of a protect prayer above your head though, is likely to cause your opponent to run.