Multi-Language Clients

kagerou

Not really clients but I think you get what I mean

I know there are plenty of people all over the world using RS, and I know most of them at least understand English. I think it would be interesting to start a new system where you have an option to change your language.

Maybe this feature would appear before you select your world.

Then the game loads and you are in what ever language you chose. I know it would most likely be such a crazy development that it may seem worthless, (plus updates would have to be translated on the spot, weekely) but I wonder how it would fare in say, German or something. Of course this would not apply to chat. But it's fair to say, RS could get much more players from other places.

In the mean time I'm just gonna have to explain to my friends (who don't speak English) how to play this game lol

the problem is theyd have to rewrite the whole game in say, Spanish. It's a huge difference when they did it with Neopets, but it's the little things thatll be confusing, ie: Will they translate Rune? Adamant translates to Firme etc. itll screw up the entire chat system like r2h will no longer apply if the translation is now espada rune con dos manos. Take a guess what hacha dragÃÆÃâÃâón para la batalla. Thats what i think itl'd translate as lol

But if they have whole servers of a foreign language that might be useful.

Personally, i think that the time can be spent on improving the game graphics

The it in tip.it stands for Italy. Not many people know that until now.

But if they have whole servers of a foreign language that might be useful.

Personally, i think that the time can be spent on improving the game graphics

They've already done that... remember RSC? Translating all of the text in the game is basically a year long job. First they need translators to do the entire backup and then they need to keep full time translators to keep it current.

It wouldn't be terribly hard and they WOULD have nationality based servers. Did you not notice the Jagex shop? It can tell from what country you are accessing the site and with that same technology they could direct you to a version of the RS page (and game) in that country's native tongue.

Catering to a multi-national audience isn't hard if you're willing to spring for the translators. They've just got a lot of work to do.

Not really clients but I think you get what I mean

I know there are plenty of people all over the world using RS, and I know most of them at least understand English. I think it would be interesting to start a new system where you have an option to change your language.

Maybe this feature would appear before you select your world.

Then the game loads and you are in what ever language you chose. I know it would most likely be such a crazy development that it may seem worthless, (plus updates would have to be translated on the spot, weekely) but I wonder how it would fare in say, German or something. Of course this would not apply to chat. But it's fair to say, RS could get much more players from other places.

In the mean time I'm just gonna have to explain to my friends (who don't speak English) how to play this game lol

its a pretty good idea...

...its just easier (waaaaaaaaaaay easier) said then done...

happyham1.png

^FINALLY HIT 200 QUEST POINTS THANKS TO LUNAR DIPLOMACY!!!!!^

yow90.gif