Affordable PC play these games:

Sinkhan

What parts (mainly the CPU and Vid card) would I need to play the following games at a really good level (running very smoothly on medium to high detail settings), but still be affordable? (under $900)

Battlefield 1942

Medel of Honour: Allied Assault and Pacific Assault

Secret Weapons over Normandy

(Got all 4 games new for $10 :thumbsup: \' )

Age of Empires III

So far I've got my sights on a P4 at 3Ghz with HT, ATI x1300, 1.5GB of RAM, 250GB HD, 17" Flatscreen, 8x DVD+RW drive.

Thanks for suggestions in advance.

Yeah, that rig should be able to handle all of those with very little problems. I've got a P3 3.4 GHz, 1 gig of RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce 6600 and the only modern game I play is FEAR, but it runs on all max settings with no lag whatsoever. So you should be good.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

But are they affordable? I saw the x1900 for $400 CDN... Sure it's the newer card, but I'm assuming the x1800 or x1600 can't be much cheaper.

They are a lot cheaper than the x1900. The x1600XT is about $130 (american).

The 7600GT is the best price/preformance ratio thats out right (I think). It goes for around $160-175 (american).

The 7900GT is a nice card too, that goes for $280(american). Sorry I don't know Canadian prices.

goldenblade995.png

Well most of my friends say that if you have a weak vid card, Age III won't look that nice. Besides, I still have to play BF1942 and MoH.

Anyone know about the prices for the x1800?

These are prices I have seen on newegg.com in USD

GTO= $190-200

XT (256mb)= $240-250

XT (512mb)= $ $300

The 512mb XT is not worth the extra money from the 256mb version.

You can even look into the x1900GT (about $270) which is slightly faster than the x1800XT. Look at some benchmarks on this one first compared to the x1800XT to see if it's worth the extra speed for the money.

goldenblade995.png