p2p newb got questions bout armor

theshiznat

Ok guys heres wat i'm planning to do. I think this will do quite well. I ahve a d long rite now and I plan to use it to get my 70 in attakc where i will then buy the whip. I plan to either keep the d long or get the dragon scimitar to keep to train my str since the whip can't focus train on str. I'm also going to be buying an obby cape and a berserker helm today also. then i will begin recipe for disaster so i can get the rune gloves until i finish quest where i will then buy barrows gloves.

Edit#1 I know the d scimmy is probably better than the d long but i think i'll probably hang onto the d long. I'll still do the quest for the scimmy i just like longswords a bit mroe than the scimmy. That's just my personal pref.

Edit#2 Also i think after i get better gloves, rune or barrows depending on how far i want to go in recipe for disaster. I will have the following as my armor that i will be using for the most part "Full rune, rune boots, glory ammy, warrior or berserker helm not sure which yet, obby cape, rune or barrows gloves and a d long or scimmy which i will then upgrade to the whip later. I will also buy a granite shield and be getting the rune defender and zammy and sara book sara book mainly cuz it boosts def. Granite shield for range def. I think that will give me not only a good base set of armor for melee but also give me good def from range and mage.

Also is it a good idea to keep a weapon like a d long or d scimmmy to train str since whip doesnt have an option to focus train on str

Sounds like a good plan. I would suggest that you use climbing boots instead of rune boots for most of your training since the added strength outweighs the benefits of the rune boots' defense. The zammy book is the second best mage shield (the EXTREMELY expensive mage book being the best), the best range shield, and the second or third best melee shield (rune defender is better and the obby shield is a debatable tie) for offense. If you delay on the granite shield and buy an obby shield the price for it should drop to 400k or less soon. Either way range defense is useless for most of your runescape adventures. If you are torn on whether to get a sara or zammy book you can get the much cheaper guthix book which is exactly half as good as both the zammy and sara. I consider the obby shield a total waste of cash for 90% of your tasks so recommend getting the legend's cape or, even better, the fire cape.

Having a preference for longs over scimmies is absolutely fine. I would suggest using the scimmy for serious training and the long for whenever you feel like having some fun. I would suggest training only attack and defense until you can pc with Affliction and then putting all of your points on strength since it is by far the best xp overall. Dharoking is an option but I find it wasteful, expensive, and plain annoying.

Focus on the rune defender first, the dark gloves second, the legend's/fire cape third, and the god books whenever you deem plausible.

Good luck!

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Ok guys heres wat i'm planning to do. I think this will do quite well. I ahve a d long rite now and I plan to use it to get my 70 in attakc where i will then buy the whip. I plan to either keep the d long or get the dragon scimitar to keep to train my str since the whip can't focus train on str. I'm also going to be buying an obby cape and a berserker helm today also. then i will begin recipe for disaster so i can get the rune gloves until i finish quest where i will then buy barrows gloves.

Edit#1 I know the d scimmy is probably better than the d long but i think i'll probably hang onto the d long. I'll still do the quest for the scimmy i just like longswords a bit mroe than the scimmy. That's just my personal pref.

Edit#2 Also i think after i get better gloves, rune or barrows depending on how far i want to go in recipe for disaster. I will have the following as my armor that i will be using for the most part "Full rune, rune boots, glory ammy, warrior or berserker helm not sure which yet, obby cape, rune or barrows gloves and a d long or scimmy which i will then upgrade to the whip later. I will also buy a granite shield and be getting the rune defender and zammy and sara book sara book mainly cuz it boosts def. Granite shield for range def. I think that will give me not only a good base set of armor for melee but also give me good def from range and mage.

Also is it a good idea to keep a weapon like a d long or d scimmmy to train str since whip doesnt have an option to focus train on str

Sounds like a good plan. I would suggest that you use climbing boots instead of rune boots for most of your training since the added strength outweighs the benefits of the rune boots' defense. The zammy book is the second best mage shield (the EXTREMELY expensive mage book being the best), the best range shield, and the second or third best melee shield (rune defender is better and the obby shield is a debatable tie) for offense. If you delay on the granite shield and buy an obby shield the price for it should drop to 400k or less soon. Either way range defense is useless for most of your runescape adventures. If you are torn on whether to get a sara or zammy book you can get the much cheaper guthix book which is exactly half as good as both the zammy and sara. I consider the obby shield a total waste of cash for 90% of your tasks so recommend getting the legend's cape or, even better, the fire cape.

Having a preference for longs over scimmies is absolutely fine. I would suggest using the scimmy for serious training and the long for whenever you feel like having some fun. I would suggest training only attack and defense until you can pc with Affliction and then putting all of your points on strength since it is by far the best xp overall. Dharoking is an option but I find it wasteful, expensive, and plain annoying.

Focus on the rune defender first, the dark gloves second, the legend's/fire cape third, and the god books whenever you deem plausible.

Good luck!

Bravo!

You sir, deserve a Cookie \'

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker