Farming advice needed - Growing cacti with kll

kll29

Hello good people of the world.

I've tried to stay as long as possible far away from farming. But since I'm close to finishing all quests and I can no longer rely on gaining xp from quests or genie lamps, I will have to start farming. Yup thats right, kll is gonna pick up its dusty rake and seed dibber. So here are some questions I have, maybe you guys can help me out.

1. At what lvl do you start using supercompost instead of normal compost?

2. Do flowers and crops need to be watered in every stage?

3. As a low lvl farmer I think I have about all seeds[bush, crop, flower, tree] to get me a medium lvl farmer. Do you guys have a certain farming route you walk, to not hang around one specific patch all the time?

Help very much appreciated, catch you guys ingame!!!

Woot, woott...teach us uncle kll...

1. Always use super compost. It is better in every single way for xp.

2. No. Watering might help survival in a small way but is hardly worth the time. Water once and leave.

3. I tele to fally. Check both trees. Walk to the patch near draynor. Walk to the bush way southwest of it if I need more berries. Tele to ardy and bank. Walk to the patch. Tele to cammy and bank. Walk to the patch. Bank. Ecto to the patch. Fally tele. Repeat.

Basically that. I suggest that you dig up your bushes everytime (if you even do bushes which I don't). I also suggest ignoring all hops patches other than the cammy one.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Remeber, tears of Guthix can be your friend in this. If you didn't start construction AT ALL (you own no house) then it doesn't count as your lowest skill. If farming is your lowest skill, tears all the way!!! Especially when you did nearly all quests, as the time in the cave is related to that.

As for actual farming advice: I use super compost on herbs (all the time), flowers only when it's limpwurt roots, and on allotment when growing tomatoes or higher. For starting out: make lots of regular compost, grow potatoes and pay the famer for guaranteed harvests.

If I don't pay the farmer for bushes/trees, I use supercompost as well. If I DO pay the farmer for them, compost has no use as you get the majority of the xp from checking health, not harvesting its fruits.

For all trees/fruit trees I recommend paying the farmer, as these seeds are rare/expensive.

I rarely farm hops. I just don't see a use in it, the patches seem remote to me as well....nah just not my cuppa tea....

I don't have a fixed rout for farming. There are people who do, see Leesters power farming guide in the general P2P forums sticky "archive of wisdom". I farm patches when I'm near them doing my daily stuff. For example, as I'm smelting in port Phastmatys atm, I farm the patch there. In between, I work on my slayer assignment (aberrant spectres) checking in to the farming stuff as I bank. Maybe not the fastest xp, but you don't have to wait (AAAH #-o ) or teleport your a** off through RS...

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

So you guys think I should farm maxed out [f.e. able to grow sweetcorn, so grow sweetcorn]. Should I just throw away all low lvl stuff like potatoes, cabbage etc.?

Also flowers are only good to protect crops, hops only in brewing. Maybe I just stick to herbs and crops too.

Woot, woott...teach us uncle kll...

Drop your tato seeds. Plant the highest thing you can until you run out of seeds and then go a step lower. You will want to babysit your watermelons and possibly strawberries since they are both useful rewards. I plant tomato since I can rot them and get the same xp as super compost and not have to carry anything back to the bank. I make super compost and plant sweetcorn or higher in camelot so that I can use the bank.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

When I don't pay a framer, I tend to experience more failure on higher crops then on lower ones... So only "max farm" if you have the stuff to pay the farmer.

I wouldn't discard potatoes, though. I grow them all the time, especially when I run out of "decent" seeds to farm or run out of super compost. The potatoes are the base for the all-famed "tuna and sweetcorn potatoe" which heals as much as shark but require a lower level to cook (and never fail!).

I it generally agreed that trees give best xp, but I think bushes are nice too. Also, picking the bush gives you new super-compostable items (jangerberries!) to sustain your supply of super compost.

I particularly like my very own pineapple bush/tree in Catherby... gets me...er... 7-ish pineapples every time I visit!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...