magic bows

Jasquith

which is better? a magic shortbow or a magic longbow? I've always used longbows because theyre more expensive etc, so i assumed they were better. but now i have read that they have the same ranging bonus and shortbows fire faster than longbows so surely shortbows are better. Is there an advantage to longbows?

good question. I thought the same as you, and came to the same conclusion. Basically, the shortbow is quicker and has the same ranged bonus, so why a longbow? I believe (although I could be wrong) that the longbow is more accurate, and the special is slightly better. The shortbow special is 2 arrows at once but less accuracy; the longbow is 2 shots which definitely hit. The weapon of choice for most is the shortbow, and use the longs for alching purposes.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

good question. I thought the same as you, and came to the same conclusion. Basically, the shortbow is quicker and has the same ranged bonus, so why a longbow? I believe (although I could be wrong) that the longbow is more accurate, and the special is slightly better. The shortbow special is 2 arrows at once but less accuracy; the longbow is 2 shots which definitely hit. The weapon of choice for most is the shortbow, and use the longs for alching purposes.

It isn't any more accurate but it does have a longer range. The spec is worse due to the fact that it can assure you a hit... that is a 1, lol. Most prefer the chance to high twice as opposed to once. It would be a different story if it assured a max hit of course.

Shorts FTW.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

No question, shortbows. The only purpose for longbows is high-alching as far as I can see, maybe they have some advantage in PKing, I wouldn't know.

For training and general use though the short is the best bet.

iratebadger.png

No question, shortbows. The only purpose for longbows is high-alching as far as I can see, maybe they have some advantage in PKing, I wouldn't know.

For training and general use though the short is the best bet.

Yeah for high-alching and fletching exp pretty much. But, maybe you can range from further away using a LONG bow...? I dunno :?

Shortbows are better also because they do two specs instead of one that hits fairly hard. Shortbows are still definetly your BEST bet though.

Hope that helps.