Just a little thing I want to stress to all posters here.

cadburys_egg

i ask for rates because it shows if people like it or not, and i make the things i make so that ppl can look at it and say 'hey, thats nice to look at'

so rates for me shows whether im on the right track ;o

anyway, just thought id ptu that in

-weeb

But ratings are generally personal opinions. :?

Take note when looking at ratings, more often than not the poster will say "I like it..." and not "The style is good...". It's fair enough if the poster has given good constructive criticism alongside it, but just posting "1000000000000/10 Its absolutely awesome can i hav it plz?!" is spammy and doesn't help the artist except in an ego boost.

knkcopy.jpg

i ask for rates because it shows if people like it or not, and i make the things i make so that ppl can look at it and say 'hey, thats nice to look at'

-weeb

Take note when looking at ratings, more often than not the poster will say "I like it..." and not "The style is good...". It's fair enough if the poster has given good constructive criticism alongside it, but just posting "1000000000000/10 Its absolutely awesome can i hav it plz?!" is spammy and doesn't help the artist except in an ego boost.

exactly, if lots of people say I like it then i know thats the style the ppl like, hence i keep making it. i thought i explained that in my post u quoted ;o

-weeb

exactly, if lots of people say I like it then i know thats the style the ppl like, hence i keep making it. i thought i explained that in my post u quoted ;o

Like I said, it'll be personal. Not everyone will like it. Who are you trying to impress so you "know you're on the right track"? So if 5 people with about 3 posts said "omfg is great 1000/10" and 1 person with say 1500 posts said "I don't like it 4/10" - who are you going to listen to? 5 newbs or 1 veteran. Assuming neither are experienced.

When I post a signature wanting C/C, I don't want to see if that's what they like... I like to be different, there's no point just doing the same as everyone else, it can look like you copy them and be unoriginal. Remember my lens flare signature? I've never seen anyone else do that, my current signature - seen other people take that shape and those effect? I haven't. Being an individual makes it easier to be noticed.

Take a look around, do you like people who do the same type of signatures as everyone else, or ones who are different?

knkcopy.jpg

-weeb

Like I said, it'll be personal. Not everyone will like it. Who are you trying to impress so you "know you're on the right track"? So if 5 people with about 3 posts said "omg is great 1000/10" and 1 person with say 1500 posts said "I don't like it 4/10" - who are you going to listen to? 5 newbs or 1 veteran. Assuming neither are experienced.

When I post a signature wanting C/C, I don't want to see if that's what they like... I like to be different, there's no point just doing the same as everyone else, it can look like you copy them and be unoriginal. Remember my lens flare signature? I've never seen anyone else do that, my current signature - seen other people take that shape and those effect? I haven't. Being an individual makes it easier to be noticed.

Take a look around, do you like people who do the same type of signatures as everyone else, or ones who are different?

the 'veteran' could have posted in RS related sections, and the noobs could be like, the worlds leading graphic artists. post counts mean nothing, i thought som1 as experienced as urself would be above 'noobs and vets' and 'post counts'

the 'veteran' could have posted in RS related sections, and the noobs could be like, the worlds leading graphic artists. post counts mean nothing, i thought som1 as experienced as urself would be above 'noobs and vets' and 'post counts'

Of course I know that... That's why I added "Assuming neither are experienced." So in this case, post count would be no different, but who would you go with?

I quit RS when I only had about 1500 posts. So what does that make me?

knkcopy.jpg