<~~ A New More Efficient Banking Interface~~>

dudeguy409

Since the creation of RuneScape 2, the banking interface remains virtually unchanged. It has since become a problem. As banks have increased in size, items have become harder to find. The Tip.It community was hopeful that it would be changed if they created a petition and an idea, but it was shot down for being too complicated. Jagex claimed that the system that Thagern came up with would take up too much memory.

Well, after hearing about this, I decided I should make some revisions to a banking idea.

=== The General Layout ===

~~P2p~~

bankdonep2pff4.jpg

~~F2p~~

bankdonef2pbx8.jpg

MOTTO: "KISS"- Keep It Simple and Stupid. Keep the banking system so simple even the stupidest runescape player could use it. This banking interface was designed to take up as little memory as possible while doing everything that it ought to be able to do, and be laid out in a way that people can easily find what they need.

How It Works

Lock Feature:

My idea does not contain a lock feature, but it can still do the same thing. Simply withdraw all of the item as a note and deposit them in the slot you want by selecting the slot then clicking deposit. It isn't too hard, since you only have to reposition it every time you withdraw all of it(which you would have to do with a lock feature anyways). The other advantages of it are that "Empty items" will not take up much in demand space in your bank, and that the removal of the lock/unlock buttons leaves enough space for a tenth column. By doing so, this also removes the need for a scroll bar.

Numbered Bank Slots:

I beleive that numbered bank tabs work just as well as customizable bank slots. The main problem with customizable tabs is they would take up too much memory. They would be great to have if there was space for them though.

Buttons:

I am thinking of editing the picture to contain a remaining bank space button, seeing as there is room and it would be useful. The swap/insert and note/item are still there.

room:

There are 50 pockets in which to place things in each slot, giving 400 altogether. this number might be lowered if it is overkill. Also note that there is no scroll bar in the design.

Criticism:

Below I have included some generic comment/response situations I might expect readers to say in opposiotion to my idea:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment:"There is already a thread for this topic. use it."

Response: well, for one, my idea is quite different, and in the 100+ pages, it wouldn't get noticed. also, to my understanding, the other thread's idea has already been rejected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment:"PMGZ ADVERTS ON THE F2P BANK PAGE WOULD LIKE TOTALLY LAGGZOORZ!!!"

Response:

laughingsheep1on6.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment:"omg you copycat! That's Thagern's idea! Stop acting like it is yours!"

response: The idea of bank tabs has been around for a while. It has been suggested by many people before. Thagern's idea became popular due to the fact that it had so many pictures and had an adequate design.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment:"Your idea is too simple! I like Thagern's idea more because it is complex!"

response: Do you know the meaning of the word Bureacracy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment: What is a bureaucracy?

Response: A bureaucracy is an impractical, confusing, and/or complicated way of doing things, to the point where people accomplish nothing or next to nothing. An example of a bureaucracy might be the Jagex customer support team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread has been cleaned.

I'm not sure where you got 'Jagex claimed that [Thagern's idea] would take up too much memory'. The information I received (from a jmod) is that the bank is linked to the player file. Extra bank slots take memory away from the file, when Jagex would rather save that memory for new updates (quests, new areas, etc.)

The topic needs more editing, or we will just have similar spamming problems again. Next time- take it to a PM, please. Speaking of which, just contact me when you are ready.