video card help

ford_rule

hey i got this new game, rise and fall civilisations at war, and it wont run cos my video card doesnt run vertex shaders, is there something i can download? or should i get a new video card?

if not whats a good cheap video card that will run this game, plus games such as quake 4, etc which my current one can.

111yr4.jpg

without any information on your graphics card its hard to tell. i would go to the manufacurers site and download the newest drivers. if that dosent work, you will probably need a new card. newegg.com has good cheap cards.

whats a signature?

Vertex shaders are part of the hardware. You can't just download a driver and have them magically appear.

I have no idea what the specs for Rise and Fall are, but you can pick up a decent video card that will run most new games on atleast medium for under $200. Like the other reply said, Newegg.com is a good place to look if you're in the US.

you could even get a good card that will run most games for around 100 dollars, but the most important thing to find out is wether it is PCI AGP or PCI-E.. but newegg.com is probably your best bet, 3-day shipping and excellent service.