Runescape politics???

joncaront

Yah thats true ... once soem more skills come out there will eb a demand for more items that might not be in demand now ... so that will mean the prices of the items that are not very valuable now will go up. The log thing is a good example but also farming ... i know thsi is crazy but u never know maybe cabages will go up in price too( i doubth it tho) but its possible.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erm, quick reply, iron ore prices going up maybe because people dont bother banking it? i.e. droppers, so people start hiring runners to take their iron to and from the bank

*shrugs*

Well.. I think prices went up because many people rather mine coal then iron ore somehow. Another good reason might be that you can smelt iron ore with 100% success rate now (with ring of forging, 140 ores each ring), which makes iron ore a very cheap way to level smithing.

OK when Rs2 first came out f2p'ers discovered the great art of WC.

Some like me stumbled onto it since it was an easy skill, only later discovering it was good for money... However some idiots leaked too all the noobs in the world to cut yew so hundreds of noobs are cutting yews.

The prices where then killed by all these noobs (selling like 100 logs for 200 per...) ok so many people have abandoned this market... but my question is whats going to happen later.

I was in the yew log market and I saw it happening, there was a huge overproduction of yew logs lately and that could only lead to a (big) price decrease.

However, the lowest price of a yew log is limited due to it's high alch value:

High alch value of yew longbow = 768gp

Cost of a nature = 300gp

Cost of a bowstring = 130gp

Cost of a yew log at break even = 768gp - 300 - 130 = 338gp.. Prices can't drop much further anymore, unless the overproduction of yew logs is so badly that fletching becomes a profitable skill.

My guess is that prices will stay stable around 350gp per log (in bulk), at most 50gp less or more, but it also depends on what happens to the prices of nature runes and bowstrings.

Jagex has told us that PoHs and carpentry will come out so... obviously carpentry will use wood... Will, once carpentry comes, the prices of logs skyrocket again? or will carpentry never come out.

Or some other option I'm too stupid to think of.

You can only guess.. You don't know if carpentry will use logs or the planks that can be found in the wildy, and how many. We don't know if they'll use tiles and nails.

As long as we don't know how the skill will work we can't say anything useful on what it will cause to the prices of certain items.

The log thing is a good example but also farming ... i know thsi is crazy but u never know maybe cabages will go up in price too( i doubth it tho) but its possible.
if farming evers come out, why would cabbage's price skyrocket?? the objective of farming is to produce ur own plants and vegetables and i think cabbage will become worth then..

Forever F2P

skill total: 1053

My Stats + Bank

<!-- m -->http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=516379<!-- m -->

I heard something recently. It was a person saying how runescape didn't allow you to say your own password. I very, very highly suspect this person is a password scammer. Some inquisitive newbie would probably try it out, and then not get why his password shows. And if he doesn't change his password before he logs out, his password is taken. Again, I suggest there be a part in tutorial island about this kind of scam.

Actually, you can't say your own password in runescape. I've seen some people getting into trouble because of that because they used some really easy and stupid password (like 'mithrill' or something).

Farming would be a great idea but why would anyone want to grow cabbage??? honsetly I would be more interested in growing corn and tomatoes (HARVEST MOON A WONDERFUL LIFE RULES!!!) but I think that economically the lower calss people would own farms to be able to make a little money and upper class folk will own farms to monpolize off of many of them... farming would be a great market (no pun intended)

Farming would be a great idea but why would anyone want to grow cabbage??? honsetly I would be more interested in growing corn and tomatoes (HARVEST MOON A WONDERFUL LIFE RULES!!!) but I think that economically the lower calss people would own farms to be able to make a little money and upper class folk will own farms to monpolize off of many of them... farming would be a great market (no pun intended)

how about growing cabbages at lv 1 farming? :P then u will have no choice but to grow..

Forever F2P

My Stats + Bank

ya farming will of course be a skill and the higher you grow the larger your cash crops are and the more you sell....... maybe you can grow gigantic pumpkins.... like 50 ft tall!!! SWEET!!! IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN!!!

hey how about when ur farming lv gets higher, u can get more harvest but still, whats the use of growing tomatoe, rice all this? they dun serve much purpose

Forever F2P

My Stats + Bank

Guest halifix

Hhmm. Farming. Not a bad idea, I could use a better way to get cheese and tomato for my pizzas. But farming is more than growing crops, you know.

Ok, how about there be two different types of growing: Growing crops, and raising animals.

For raising crops, you need to find empty crop land, so maybe we could get rid of the wheat fields. You can only plant 1 crop at a time. First, turn the soil, using a shovel, and also create a hole to plant in. After that, take the crop seed (there should be special farming shops) and plant one seed. If you have a farming lvl higher than the required lvl, your crop is more likely to succeed. Afterwards, pick the crop. You can decide whether to get more crop seeds or sell the crop.

For special things (like wheat), we could introduce a common scythe, to cut it.

There could also be specialty silk farming. For this, you need silk worms, and an already grown mulberry bush/tree. After 5 seconds, the worms eat enough to make silk cacoons. Then you get silk, which needs to be spinned (crafting).

I suggest a lvl like this:

lvl 1: Cabbage

lvl 6: Redberries

lvl 15: Bananas

lvl 20: Onions

lvl 30: Wheat

lvl 35: Whiteberries

lvl 45: Apples

lvl 55: Grapes of Zamorak

lvl 65: Silk

lvl 75: Cotton

lvl 90: Jangerberries

That should be ok.

Farming Animals

This requires you either to have a baby animal or an egg. First, select the option (which needs to be created) called hatch if you have an egg. Afterwards, feed the animal some feed (the harder it is to grow, the more feed you need) until it becomes an adult. Sometimes the animal will go wild, and may attack you before it matures (and before you can make a profit out of it), depending on your farming lvl.

If successful, it will give some eggs or young ones to farm again. And you can kill the old animal for meat and whatnot.

lvl 3: Rats

lvl 10: Newts

lvl 25: Chickens

lvl 40: Cows

lvl 50: Unicorns

lvl 60: Pigs

lvl 70: (Red) Spiders

lvl 85: Dragons

Wouldn't it be so nice to grow dragons? :wink: You can feed newbies to them. (There can be special grounds to grow dragons.)

Heehee. I have lots of spare time to think up this stuff :P

Possible things which might increase the value of party hats is a reduction in number. Over time people leave and they sometime leave party hats in the bank account, this process would slowly decrease the number of hats within the game, there are also other processes which remove games like mistakenly high alching them or maybe dieing in a remote area and the hat would disappear after a given amount of time.

Most everything you said is pretty true and informative, but when people say that phats will become rarer because people quit, and phats get alched, that's not as true as you'd think. If a phat gets alched, or someone with a phat set quits, it doesnt make much of an effect on the market at all. There are bigger things that effect prices than the rate of them leaving the world. There's already thousands of hats ( I believe), so people quitting doesnt make too much of a difference. Things that do make a difference are dupes, psuedo rares that take away demand for hats, people not merchanting, people buying other things than phats, and domino effects on phats(when everyone sells em).

To make Farming a little more attractive, aswell as the basic foods mentioned, you could also grow herbs to help out with the herblore skill. :)

And for another topic only touched on, and quite an upcoming area....

The prices of runes (ie nature) and the future laws etc with runecrafting skill, should the prices start to drop as more and more can make them? Countering that is the gradual increase in demand as more players reach the profitable fletching levels.

What are your thoughts on this?

To make Farming a little more attractive, aswell as the basic foods mentioned, you could also grow herbs to help out with the herblore skill. :)

And for another topic only touched on, and quite an upcoming area....

The prices of runes (ie nature) and the future laws etc with runecrafting skill, should the prices start to drop as more and more can make them? Countering that is the gradual increase in demand as more players reach the profitable fletching levels.

What are your thoughts on this?

Honestly, runecrafting doesnt effect rune prices at all. While most players would disagree, as they see the prices of everything as a cause and effect rule (somebody quits and has a phat set, they go down), it's not really as simple as that. Although tons of natures are crafted, it hasn't made prices lower. Nature prices have went up since rs1. Since they're half xp now, we will double the price of a nature which is 300 now, and that's 600. We paid 450 or 500 max on rs1 for natures. There's a huge demand for nature runes right now, because they're really one of the best ways to level up magic and alch bows people fletch, so people will pay whatever it takes, and they pay the amount they can afford without losing too much money. That's 300 gp each. Anyways, runecrafting probably has an effect on the amount of runes brought into the world. It lowered cosmic prices a whole lot. But there's just too much of a demand on some runes for them to change in price because of runecrafting. People will pay the most money to get the trade when competing to buy. So they won't drop that much, if at all.

the most i see is only nature runes at 300gp each... any higher? never see before.. mostly ppl buying 200-300

Forever F2P

My Stats + Bank

See, you're looking at it as a very basic cause and effect kind of way, which is incorrect. You (vaguely) think runecrafting --->more runes----> cheaper runes...

Not exactly that way, but in that kind of mind set.

You can't set up that scenario and generalize it over the whole economy of runes. Not all mages runecraft their own runes. I'd imagine only a small percentage only use runes they runecraft.

Hmm, it's hard to explain. I'm kind of saying you're generalizing one scenario and thinking that will effect the prices of them because that statement is true to all mages, which it isnt. Try rereading what I said, I guess. It isn't that clear, but I'm tired, so give me a break.

I don't see how it could relate to my comment anyway....

NEW TOPIC NOW!!!

HOW HAS TIP.IT FORUMS HELPED YOU AT ALL??? PLEASE LIST THINGS

I'll start off I have sold excess Iron I have here for a lot of money... this is a great way to get in touch with people who want to buy specific things. This is much better than varrok market