Europa Universalis III

Not

Anyone play this game?

<3:

It's a real time strategy game that allows you to play as any country in anytime period from the early 15th century to the late 18th century.

The graphics are nothing spectacular but the gameplay is almost overwhelming.

Gamespot Review

Not just any time period but you can select your starting date, not just year, but the day.

is this game like civilization series?

Civilization is a turn based strategy game, where you start off with a settler and a single city in an empty world. It has similar game play to the civilization series where you control a country/empire and wage war, but it is much more in depth and realistic. You select virtually any country at any date between ~1450 and ~1800, and set your own goals.

Europa Universalis is a real time strategy game, but not like most that take place on a small scale battlefield.

I guess its similar to a real time strategy game of Risk but you control every aspect of the country and not just building armies.

I loved EUII, been waiting for EUIII. Might have to go out and order a copy now (or tomorrow) :D

Might just wait until the 24th and get a local copy....

Thought it was still a while of being released.

I was only average at EUII but it was a fun game, I won it playing England to learn the game. Then I did France which was easy. Both of these games I concentrated my expansion into the Americas. The last main game I played as Venice and got a large empire but mainly concentrated around Africa, middle east and India.