Balanced Trades = Balanced Duels?!

headcheff

Balanced Trades = Balanced Duels

First off, i dont play that much anymore since dueling was ruined, so sorry if any of my info is wrong...!

Background

To stop RWT (Real World Trading) JAGeX has made trades so they have to be balanced, meaning you cannot trade 5k over or under the value of the otherpersons item, meaning trading 1mil from one character to another would take hours.

The same system was placedin dueling, apart from here there is a duel cap, so the max i can stake on my main is about 10.5k, now for any real stakers this is nothing. This has pretty much ruined staking and got rid of safe deathmatch's.

The Idea

As JAGeX have managed to allow large amounts of GP (Gold Peices) to be traded safely by allowing balanced trades by showing the GE (Grand Exchange) middle price and allowing you to go a certain amout of GP either side of that.

Trade System

tradewo6.png

Duel System

dueldz0.png

Why cant we have this in dueling? The balanced duel system would pretty much allow real dueling back into Runescape without the effect of RWT and should be very simple to impliment as its already in effect in trading.

Support

Please post support and suggestions here! Want to show your support around this and other sites? Please add this banner to your sig!

balancedduelsgd8.png

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=776930][img=http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4726/balancedduelsgd8.png][/url]

If I correctly understood what you mean, then it would end up like this:

Let player A be the RWT buyer, and player B be the RWT vendor.

B challanges A to a duel, they both put up 10K

A wins

B challenges A again, offering 20K now

A wins

The two repeat this process, offering 40K, 80K, 160K, 320K, and so on until A has recieved the amount of gold he or she purchased.

Not sure if I correctly interpreted your idea, though.

I, too, have been attempting to come up with ways to allow large staking and prevent RWT and other things like that, but I have had no success.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

hhmm i guess thats right, i never really thought about it like that :(

ruined my plans ha. that would still take a while to transfer a large amount...

Yeah... It would probably still be faster to simply use Bounty Hunter, but a bit safer to use the duel arena, so since the duel arena would be risk-free, it would probably be the new method of choice, despite the lack speed.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

hhmm i guess thats right, i never really thought about it like that :(

ruined my plans ha. that would still take a while to transfer a large amount...

Not really.

All the player has to do is have 1M gold already, and the seller has 1M gold, so they duel, 1M stakes, and so the RWT sells his gold with one shot. This would be JUST like the old dueling. Money would be flying in and out.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

the people that normally buy gold i can only assume dont have 1m, thats why they are buying it, if you can make 1mil then whats the point in spending real money on getting another.

what if you could only duel a person say 3 times in one day? this would eliminate the whole 20k becomes 40k, 40k becomes 80k etc. part of itand would require RWT to have loads of characters which would be A LOT of hastle.

im probably clutching at straws, but i just want to duel :(

Because you can lose a duel on purpose.