Mole Hunting Guide

mr_nub_nub

This a guide on how to hunt the Giant Mole in Falador.

Levels:

For ranged I easily do it at level 60, and use steel arrows. I don't hit that much but I use safe spots, which I'll explain later.

For mage I don't reccomend going at all, his mage resistence is unbeleivably high, even with anceints you will rarely hurt him. If you do go have at least 60 mage. If you're going with a team then you may want to bring lunar magics and help you're teammates instead of fighting.

For melee, I reccomend having around 60 attack and strenght or better. Around 50 defence would also be good.

Items:

Always bring a light source, tinderbox, and spade. You may also want to bring energy pots so after he is half health you can catch up with him but they aren't needed.

Rangers: Bring full blue d'hide or better, and a coif. You should bring a magic short bow on rapid as you want to shoot as many shots as you can. You can bring ranger gear but I don't reccomend it because if something happens you'll lose it and you didn't really need it. Bring food, I am usually fine with salmon or lobs. you may also want to bring poisoned arrows if nobody on your team is meeleing/has a poisoned wep or you're soloing it.

Mages: If you're going to try taking the best spell you can use. I'm going to see if bind stops him from running, and if it does, bring nats, waters, and earths. Use anceints if you can, or lunars if you're going with a team. You may want to bring mage pots because you may hit more often.

Meele: Bring full rune or better, And bring a poisoned wep ( perferably a dragon dagger ) with another normal wep ( d long, barrow wep, ect. ). You can bring a halbred, as you could fight him from a safe spot, but I wouldnt reccomend it because after that he will start running and you may be too slow to hurt him. You should bring the best food, as the mole is going to be attacking you, bring at least lobs, perferably better. You may also want to bring a super set, or at least super defence, or prayer pots if you have 43 prayer.

Tactics:

[molemapnl4.png

In the beggining, you should just try and deal as much damage as you can, using the safe spots. You should also try and poison him. At half health ( if there are a few people surrounding him you can make it lower. He will appear in one of the spots marked on the map. He will usually now run too far, so don't look on the other side of the map right away after he digs. Now, you'll thank yourself for poison, as you are running around, he'll slowly be damaged. If you brung energy pots drink them whil running around. Always try and spec him, especailly with the mage shortbow, as after 1-4 attacks he'll run. Just repeat this process until you have killed him. If you are next to the mole when he digs you're screen will be covered in mud and if you have an open light source it will go out. If you're with a team and you poisoned him, and he dies from the poison or is low on health, get everyone to look around for the drop, because you don't know who got the drop or where it is.

Safe spots:

There are alot of roots lying around, and you can hide at an angle behind them. If you are safe spotting and another person is meeleing, they'll get attacked. Don't bother with safe spots when hes running around, you'll only get in 1 or 2 attacks anyway. When I figure out how to I'll post images of the safe spots.

Rewards:

http://tip.it/runescape/?rs2monster_id=630

That is a lost of drops from the beistiary. You'll get 1-2 claws and 2-6 skins every time. You'll also get big bones and an item drop. The mole skins and claws may be traded to the gardener who sells woad leaves in the Fallador Garden. He is in the building on the east edge of the garden. The Bird's nests containt either -

Allotement seeds

Flower seeds

Herb seeds

Fruit tree seeds

Tree seeds

Rings ( usually saphire, emerald, or gold )

Empty-ness ( nothing! )

The bird's nests are normal nests and can be crushed and traded. I'm not sure but you may be able to get bird's eggs from the nest but I have never gotten one before. Claws usually yeild better nests then skins.

Well, there you have, thats everything you need to know on how to fight the giant mole. He has nice drops, and I ope you enjoy owning him. :mrgreen:

dragonmzombie,mr.%20nub%20nub.gif

Going for 2.4 bil cabbage, plz donate

currently at 120 cabbage =/

explain what to do with the lunar mage... explain better where the safespot is... explain the lvls needed + take screens of the set up!

and there is already in aow a mole hunting guide with better info then this one..

anyway... i dont think you can kill the gigant mole alone with only 60 atk / str and 50 def + 43 prayer... etleast if you dont want to walk around and have to look for that mole everytime...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I cant belive you suggested range. His range def is more, and each arrow that hits, let him dig off. With steel arrows...0/10

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

#1: you want to use a hally because it hits harder, instead of often. the more you hit the mole the more likely it is to run away.

#2: range doesnt wwork.

#3: there is a awsome guide already in aow.

sorry, 1 out of 10

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.