Salamandars as weapons?

CubeMage128

Well, the other day after hunting red salamandars, I decided to make some tarromin tar and test out the salamandar as a weapon. To my surprise, I did a lot of damage with the makeshift flamethrower.

So, to decide if I want to keep one as a secret weapon or not, I have the following questions:

Do strength bonuses affect the damage dealt by the salamandar?

Does each attack style actually do the specified style based attack?

(If somebody I'm fighting uses protect from magic. and I use the strength option, would it bypass the enemy's prayer?)

Is the damage dealt affected by the style I'm using?

(Would I do more damage with the magic attack style than the ranged attack style, because my magic is higher than my strength?)

If you knows anything about salamandars used as weapons, please post it! Thanks!

blackmageid8.png

My answers in bold:

Well, the other day after hunting red salamandars, I decided to make some tarromin tar and test out the salamandar as a weapon. To my surprise, I did a lot of damage with the makeshift flamethrower.

So, to decide if I want to keep one as a secret weapon or not, I have the following questions:

Don't think so

(If somebody I'm fighting uses protect from magic. and I use the strength option, would it bypass the enemy's prayer?)

Yes

(Would I do more damage with the magic attack style than the ranged attack style, because my magic is higher than my strength?)

No, each attack has the same max damage

If you knows anything about salamandars used as weapons, please post it! Thanks!

Hope that helps

-Deviledegg24

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I know for sure that if your using in magic mode you better have mage robes to make better attack (less times 0's). At level 76 magic it's possible hit 14's in magic using the green salamander.

The problem with salamanders is the food. Swamp tar is very hard to find and it's price on market is 600ea (more then blood runes).

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

salamanders own.

I was wearing full blakc dhide and some other stuff and farseer helm and bnlack sally and was hitting constat 25's bypassing all prayer sat only 93 mage, 71 stre, 74 range.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Yes, when you're attacking with your salamander on strength attack.

Yes. The salamander attacks with the style you select, a magic based attack will bypass melee and ranged prayer, a strength based attack will bypass ranged and mage, and a ranged based attack will bypass the melee and mage prayers.

The damage dealt is dictated by the level you have, so yes - if your magic level is higher than your strength you will do better with the magic attack than the strength attack, depending of course on your opponent's defences in those areas.

I use my black salamander as my sole barrows weapon. They are an extraordinarily underrated weapon. Happy flamethrowing

siganizq4.gif

Just thought I'd mention: Swamp tar is stackable, so it's real quick to collect. Just go to lumby swamps around the Water altar and load away to your hearts content and then your wallet won't be out 600 ea.

Hey... They even made it easier by taking down the stupid fence past the graveyard, so no need to run all the way around the city to get to the swamp.

Yes, when you're attacking with your salamander on strength attack.

Yes. The salamander attacks with the style you select, a magic based attack will bypass melee and ranged prayer, a strength based attack will bypass ranged and mage, and a ranged based attack will bypass the melee and mage prayers.

The damage dealt is dictated by the level you have, so yes - if your magic level is higher than your strength you will do better with the magic attack than the strength attack, depending of course on your opponent's defences in those areas.

I use my black salamander as my sole barrows weapon. They are an extraordinarily underrated weapon. Happy flamethrowing

Could you add how you get all this information? I've heard numerous different explanations too.. And I also wonder why I was hitting max 22,23 in cw with black salamander, 99 range, potted and eagle eye prayer....

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

Could you add how you get all this information?

By playing the game.... Strange concept I know. I really should invest more time into gathering third-hand unsubstantiated anecdotes to really round off my knowledge.

I've heard numerous different explanations too.. And I also wonder why I was hitting max 22,23 in cw with black salamander, 99 range, potted and eagle eye prayer....

Because the range bonus of the salamander isn't as high as other ranged weapons.... But if you bothered to check things out for yourself instead, you'd already know that by now.

siganizq4.gif

Could you add how you get all this information?

By playing the game.... Strange concept I know. I really should invest more time into gathering third-hand unsubstantiated anecdotes to really round off my knowledge.

I've heard numerous different explanations too.. And I also wonder why I was hitting max 22,23 in cw with black salamander, 99 range, potted and eagle eye prayer....

Because the range bonus of the salamander isn't as high as other ranged weapons.... But if you bothered to check things out for yourself instead, you'd already know that by now.

I don't understand why your reply seems so cynical. I'm not doubting your knowledge, but you could have added a little more info based on FACTS to proof your point. 7 out of 10 friendly given advices here on tip-it are based on hear say or on a one time experience and therefore are mostly useless. If I'm not mistaken one of the major goals on the advice-forums (as input for tip-guides) is to share facts, not assumptions.

Btw, as far as I know, range attack bonus does effect accuracy (so more often hits), not max hit.. Another fact of you that doesn't need explanation?

h_y_j_a_c_k.png