Does anyone have any smithing advice?

TKAMB

alright so i just got to level 50 smithing and decided i would check out how many mithril bars i will need to make in order to get to level 70 smithing (Addy) thats when i realized i would need roughly 8000 more mithril bars to reach level 70 thats 32 000 coal ores and if that wasn't enough i checked how many addy bars i would need to reach level 85 smithing, after i had already reached level 70, and it said i would need roughly 20 000 addy bars thats 120 000 coal ores and on top of that i would need to mine all the addy and mitheral ores as well!! i usually play about and hour a day and i can usually get a fair amount of mining and smithing done in that time period but seriously am i missing something how do i get to level 85 smithing without spending the next 2 years doing it?

oh and i know i could just but all the ores i need but i dont want to spend 10 mill that i dont have doing that. so if anyone has any suggestions for me pls reply!!!

T_K_A_M_B_.png

As someone who has 86 smithing, let me ask you this: why?

Even at my smithing level in P2P, I still largely smith iron bars, then iron knives and cannonballs. Unless you're P2P using the blast furnace, smithing anything else is basically a waste (the Blast Furnace is fast XP if world hopping and making mithril arrowheads, to be fletched later on).

As I transition over to F2P, I won't be smithing anything. It's pointless.

There is no money in smithing Addy or Rune bars. The money is in the mining of the ores.

Save yourself the time. Go for 99 woodcutting. At least there's a little bit of money in that.

its not always about money its a goal... i want to be able to smith rune i dont care if theres money in it i just want the satisfaction of completing my goal so if anyone else has some advice without being critical about my reasoning i would like to hear from you

T_K_A_M_B_.png

I'm not being critical of you.

I'm just trying to pass on something I've learned since acheiving the same goal that you'd set for yourself.

It's very anti-climactic.

But if you are going to go for it, in F2P, it's either steel or silver bars. No Addy, no Mithril.

First of all, it's far easier to mine iron and coal than it is to mine mithril and 50% more coal. When combining mining and smithing, it's about 2x as fast.

Silver is even better. Because if you're F2P smithing, you have a full inventory to smith at one time, rather than just 9 bars. Your run energy recovers, you get more XP per run, etc. Plus it's pretty fast to mine, especially if you can get into the crafting Guild.

What's more, silver bars, if sold in bulk, will fetch a nice price from P2P craftsmen, between 300-400 each.

actually there is a little slower but profitable way if you have some starting out cash......

Buy iron 100 ea and coal 180 ea, 1k iron and 2k coal at a time. (total of 460k) of course you can adjust prices and buy cheaper, but will take longer in market.....

Go and smith 1k steel bars, and then sell the bars anywhere from 500-600 ea (usually about 570ea tho). this will get you great exp and money.

Barrows drops: ahrims staff (2), karils coif, karils xbow, torags plate body, veracs helm.