BIG Reporting Bug - Rule #7, Macroing

Junkie_Joe

You guys won't believe this - A couple of days ago, I discovered a new bug. Turns out it's a massive bug, that actually may be the reason why so many macroers are free and un-banned. Listen up...

We all know the situation: Some guy just tried to scam us, and we're about to report him. The guy is called something like "0 o 0 1 60".

What do we do? Some of us add him, making his name viewable at all points, and the report him. Others try to guess his name, and luckily, our reliable reporting system will tell us that we have spelled the name wrong. We try again, and eventually we report him. But what if the system didn't do so? What if it just said "Thank-you, your abuse report has been received"? Then we'd all think we have reported the player, yet he gets away with NOTHING! Can you imagine that? Well, it's not very hard, since IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!

Where's the bug? You may ask - well here it comes. Scammers have hard, confusing names, and so do macroers. When we report them, it's kinda the same things as reporting a scammer; hard to hit the actual name. "So? We'll try again" you may say.

"No you will not, my fine friend, 'cause there's the bug!"

It doesn't matter which name you type in, it will always say "Thank-you your abuse report has been received"! Every single time! "Example, please!" Well, here you go...

rule7bugkr4.png

As we all know, there's not really an account called Jagex, and if there was, you surely wouldn't be able to report it... Yet, I reported Jagex for macroing, and Jagex accepted my report. Weird? YEAH!

"This picture is fake! You're a noob who wants attention!" you may think, or shout into the screen... True, I like attention, but this picture isn't fake. Now I'm not encouraging you to break the bug abuse rule, but since nobody really gets an unfair advantage when trying out this bug, I think it is allowed to try it out - believe me - it IS a bug.

I will end this with another scary thuoght:

Could it be that Jagex doesn't receive our reports on rule 7?

Could it be that the servers just tells us that the report has been sent, but that it hasn't?

Is this the reason why macroers are ruining out game?

I would like to hear your opinion.

P.S As a fair player, I did actually report this to Jagex, so I think and hope they'll get it fixed soon.

~Joe

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

I think they actually did this because it would be too hard to search through their entire database of players and determine if thats an actual player.

The other rules that you can report for require someone to speak first, however, since most autoers do not speak, you can technically report anyone.

And trust me, a lot of autoers are being banned everyday, but even more are being created. However, a problem with the banning system may be that they cannot ban someone until they are logged out -.- .

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I think they actually did this because it would be too hard to search through their entire database of players and determine if thats an actual player.

The other rules that you can report for require someone to speak first, however, since most autoers do not speak, you can technically report anyone.

And trust me, a lot of autoers are being banned everyday, but even more are being created. However, a problem with the banning system may be that they cannot ban someone until they are logged out -.- .

~Ddaanniiellh

I think it's a bug. If it can search through the database when reporting all other rules, why not this one? I'm sure a lot of macroers get banned, but as I pass some yew trees, they're still all over the place... And they're all logging out at some point, to change to world 1, Varrock to sell their logs or whatever they gained from cheating...

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

they can ban ppl even if thry are logged on! (example 06-06-'06)

you dont have to talk with macros to report them cuz they dont talk!

they ban thousands every day... but sometimes it will take a while...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined