Painting - W.I.P.. (Update - 5-1)

LP

i know i said i wasnt going to do a portrait again, for a while.. but hell might as well...

Acrylic and spray paint

12x34 stretch canvas

Reference = http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48060678/

im going to stick to the black/white and have her lips red, and eyes another color, likely green/blue, or red.

Im calling it done as of now.. unless i feel compelled to add a nose, or facial detail.. this is COMPLETE.

greeneyesredlipscr1.jpg

I hate noses... with a passion.

wip2girlos0.jpg

wip1girlif6.jpg

wip1girllw2.jpg

I love it! :shock: Such a simple, classy, old look about it. And I actually think I like it noseless :XD: Nice work! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

this is gonna be owaesome if you dont muck up the nose

jkjk

noses are my problem toooo

i would be so happy if someone found a good tut. for them

bvnqi3.jpg

At the moment i can't really see the full form of the muffin.

is that a specific person? she looks familiar to me...

theres a link to the reference im using in my first post.. shes, from what i know, a stock photographer from deviant art, maybe u seen another/same pic of her used somewhere

thats realy great

just one thing.

the arm on the right looks far too big

yeah.. im in the progress of fixing that...

uuugh i cant get this nose, i think i might add "blush" to her cheeks and call it..

Could you do a simple nose? Like, instead of a full nose, just a line or two and some shading? I think that might work...

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Dude, you really need to refine your sketch before you start painting. The lips are too asymmetrical.

You should learn to draw noses, just because it's a very important skill, especially with portraits. Noses are very personal and expressive.

1 thing i realy notice: the last one is alot brighter then the version before, and the point is: the last version is to bright so u dont see all the details :?

taz3xk1.jpg

1 thing i realy notice: the last one is alot brighter then the version before, and the point is: the last version is to bright so u dont see all the details :?

different lighting situations + adding more white paint, and clear coat/varnish.

Also, the varnish with quite fresh, being sprayed about 15min prior.

Dude, you really need to refine your sketch before you start painting. The lips are too asymmetrical.

eh.. i dunno if asymmetrical is the word. they may be a little flat looking in the photo but in person they pop and catch the eye alot more.

I plan on borrowing a friends camera soon and updating all my pictures with better quality, as my current ones have been taken with a 2 mega-pixel Kodak :uhh:

You should learn to draw noses, just because it's a very important skill, especially with portraits. Noses are very personal and expressive.

I tried drawing on paper and holding it straight up to it and i couldnt get it, the angle its at makes its very difficult... if you want bring it into paint and draw a line where u think it should be. go for it.

I had to change the view of the face, but yeah this is what I think corresponds with your eye position best.

There were a few anatomical errors that became evident whilst I was trying to link a nose with the already existing eyes and lips. I redid the lips, because the angle and shape was annoying me.

The eyes were too far apart, features too far apart and disproportional. I couldn't really edit using your old features, but I hope this gives you some idea for a nose. I'm aware it doesn't correspond with the face. To make it work I would have to spend more then a few minutes on it. D:

It's nowhere near a perfect edit, but I think it expresses what I'm trying to say.

editwy0.png

I think you should keep this piece how it is, but come your next portrait you should try to incorporate more realism. It looks good how it is now, but I think it would have been better, had you put a nose on her in the first place. Good work.

Yeah, thanks for the crits.

if u look at the reference her nose is kinda screwy in the first place...

no offense to her, shes pretty.. but her nose it just screwy. The shape itself, and the angle of the face.

Also i have an offer to sell it by a girl from school. she says she'd pay $150 for it.. but i have 2 other people interested in it, and im going to see there offers as well.

(i did ask her if she wanted me to try to put in a nose again, she said it didnt matter)

i thought about putting a slight blush on the cheeks.. but i don't know

Holy crap!

I should really think about painting, I need $550 soon, only $185 so far. D:

Yes, I plan on buying some glass/torches etc. for making glass beads/pipes ;)

we went to a workshop at the competition and now im inspired to work glass.

Holy crap!

Glass is so much fun! Especially when put in a kiln. :twisted:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Holy crap!

Glass is so much fun! Especially when put in a kiln. :twisted:

Kiln = spendyyyy

we just made beads... mine sucked but hey, it was my first time.

and right now i have alot of friend who are into hemp/glass bead necklaces. so if i could make 6-8 beads a rod, (a rod costs about 2-3$ each) i could sell the beads for 2-3$ each and keep building money and expand my supplies.

heres a pic

a couple are cracked, i was forced to cool them down fast because i had to go somewhere

beadssg1.jpg