Help merchanting

ironchef8902

I recently wanted to get into merchanting iron ore. I read some guide that say that I should buy for 50 each and re-sell for 100 each. Problem is that it's very hard to find miners to work for this price. Sometimes I get a miner to work for me but later he finds out what iron is worth and asks me to raise his pay, so I'm forced to fire him. I was thinking of merchanting something else, maybe coal. Any advice?? :-k

Runescape Name: Ironchef298

I recently wanted to get into merchanting iron ore. I read some guide that say that I should buy for 50 each and re-sell for 100 each. Problem is that it's very hard to find miners to work for this price. Sometimes I get a miner to work for me but later he finds out what iron is worth and asks me to raise his pay, so I'm forced to fire him. I was thinking of merchanting something else, maybe coal. Any advice?? :-k

Only mine coal when you can get into the mining guild, not any lower. this is because the mining guild is loaded with coal and its close to the bank in faly. also sell the coal sell the coal on a non-members world (if your a member)

I would say, go to world 1 or 2, find coal buyers/sellers in one area, while checking forums, find someone selling maybe 10 gp below price, resell to someone on forums for more. Continue doing that, and hopefully you'll be rich :P

Well... You could also try to get into the feather business... espacilly if ya can get up posts on the Flecher's market! Try selling at 10k at a time and buy from workers. I know what guide ya talking about, see if it does say anything about feathers. Then try for something higher like iron once ya got a lower market going.

Noob? NOOB?! I WILL SHOW YOU MY MAIN! COME TO THE WILDNESS AND I WILL DESTORY YOU!

-Famous last words of Pker42 to Hunter7007 prior to entering wildness.....

If you are going to merchant something, first you should try to find a perm buyer for a pretty high price, on an item that has at least a 15gp price range (like coal). Now, with coal, you would go to fally (because thats where all the coal goes through) and then you say "Buying all coal ___gp". Most people will try merchanting buy buying coal for 170ea, so you buy for 175ea, or 180ea. People will sell you random amounts, 18, 488, and 2392 coals, buy them all! Once you get lots, you go to your perm. buyer and sell to him for (in this example) 200ea, or even maybe 210ea.

If you don't have a perm. buyer, then using the same technique, instead of trying to sell for 200ea like everybody else, sell for 195ea, and you will sell more and therefore make more money. -obi

P.S. I should write a guide lol

Looking for permanent buyer of coal. Post here http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5561021#5561021

If you are going to merchant something, first you should try to find a perm buyer for a pretty high price, on an item that has at least a 15gp price range (like coal). Now, with coal, you would go to fally (because thats where all the coal goes through) and then you say "Buying all coal ___gp". Most people will try merchanting buy buying coal for 170ea, so you buy for 175ea, or 180ea. People will sell you random amounts, 18, 488, and 2392 coals, buy them all! Once you get lots, you go to your perm. buyer and sell to him for (in this example) 200ea, or even maybe 210ea.

If you don't have a perm. buyer, then using the same technique, instead of trying to sell for 200ea like everybody else, sell for 195ea, and you will sell more and therefore make more money. -obi

P.S. I should write a guide lol

i agree with most of your advices, but i have to say that never buy in world 1 or 2, ppl sells for stuff wayyyy overpriced there, alot of ppl there says stuff like "SELLIN 500 COAL 210 EACH, PRICE FIRM!!", so i suggest buy in world 3,4,5,6,7, and sell in world 1 or your perm buyer

trust me i have merchanted coal/iron ores myself and i have to say never buy in world 1, unless ur desperate lol..

grounded currently

Get to 60 mining (or whatever requirement is..), go into guild, ask a friend to trade you coal after you mine, he will bring it to the bank, then come back, by the time he comes back you should have another inventory. Repeat, you will have plenty of coal, and xp.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât