a question about fighting

edard

i need to know if i should raise my defe from 20 to 30

im mostly a mage and i have 51 mage going for 60 and 70 sometime in the future

also should i raise my att to 40 and weild a rune scim for those pesky arechers and get my str up2 whatever i can with out getting a cb lvl

or i could weild the addy or maybe mithril so i can get up my str higher

Bad_Eulogy.png

You seem to be f2p, and wanting to make a pure mage. Keep your att and str low, so your combat level is mage based, you shouldn't need to use melee weapons on rangers. The def issue is pretty much only for a sheild in f2p, so pick which sheild you want:

-Anti-Dragon: This is a fairly weak sheild, but gives no mage penalties, so if nothing else put one of these on.

-Rune Square: This is what I suggest, if your only problem is rangers. Even though this is a very uncommon sheild, it gives the same range defense as a rune kite, but weighs less, and gives a slightly less of a mage penalty (square is -6, kite is -8). It's also cheaper, but a bit harder to find.

-Rune Kite: This is what a lot of high lv mages use, it's better then a rune square when in melee combat, but you want to avoid melee combat if possible. Though it's a lot easier to get a hold of in f2p then a square.

Basically, stay far from other players, and mage them from a distance, throwing the ocasional bind to keep them at bay. And if you're fighting alone, run away from groups of archers, you're doomed to fight them anyway.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

i need to know if i should raise my defe from 20 to 30

im mostly a mage and i have 51 mage going for 60 and 70 sometime in the future

also should i raise my att to 40 and weild a rune scim for those pesky arechers and get my str up2 whatever i can with out getting a cb lvl

or i could weild the addy or maybe mithril so i can get up my str higher

well if ur makin a pure, no dont bother with def, its a waste, the point of pure is to hit massive with low cb, def increases ur cb too much

but ya go for melee after u hit around 60+ mage(cuz there are no more spells after that and u start fallin behind the other pkers), dont do range cuz ull find it gets really annoying to be losing so many addy arrows, melee pure is decent

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king