Tell me how my first attempt at a pixel looks...

Infernosage4

This is my first attempt at a pixel avatar. I'm not really going for a amazingly realistic look. I know the shading could be better, but I wanted you're guys opinion on it. Please give constructive critisism.

pixelavatarnj9.png

There is a black border if you're on subblack or or other black theme. It just doesn't show up.

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

yes definately to small for your character. For a first it isn't bad though. Just to hard to really give c/c cause its so tiny

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-

I like it! =D> its a pretty goodcomical version of your rs guy. it looks exactly liek him. But... In pixeling (which is a waste of time) you are supposed to shade, and blend the colors. You just used block colors, but it still looks good. I wouldnt really call your picture pixeling, but i think it rocks! :thumbsup:

sotwub1ne8.jpg

SKIN-OTW!!!! Skin of thw week --- RULES!

fotwbannerzx7.jpg

In pixeling (which is a waste of time) you are supposed to shade, and blend the colors.quote]

You dare diss the PIXEL!! :evil:

doubt you even know how to shade.

OT:

As I said before not bad at all but it really needs a bg

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-

I like it! =D> its a pretty goodcomical version of your rs guy. it looks exactly liek him. But... In pixeling (which is a waste of time) you are supposed to shade, and blend the colors. You just used block colors, but it still looks good. I wouldnt really call your picture pixeling, but i think it rocks! :thumbsup:

It is still pixel, since it is made with pixels. :P

pixel is not simply that "its made of pixels" as every image in a pc is made by pixels. pixel art is when you place every single pixel manually yourself, with no tool other than the pen tool

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

I'd say pixelworks/sigs/avatars and all those looks much better than those photoshop ones if you know how to make them. Doing with photoshop is like so much easier than pixeling.. :-k

u5zhkTY.gif

I'd say it's a nice start :) if you're going to work at these sizes you should check out some game sprites and how they use contrast and uhm....segmentation (for lack of a better word) of body parts and clothes in particular. I'd show you my own try but I've never been able to do a half decent one and it would only throw you on the wrong track xD

Also people should take their pixel vs graphic discussion elsewhere, it is very off-topic and a useless discussion at the same time

pixel is not simply that "its made of pixels" as every image in a pc is made by pixels. pixel art is when you place every single pixel manually yourself, with no tool other than the pen tool

Yes I know. And that was I meant. :roll: