Abuse Reports

highlanders

I was thinking about the problem of 'fake' abuse reports. Now, when someone says 'reported' especially if its a lower lvl, assume one time out of two that he lied and said that just to annoy you.

Now, I assume the report system is flooded. I think it's valid to think that for various reasons. One of those reasons is people can't even ban the macros, which is just an obvious offense. So if reports so obvious don't even work, I guess there's just so much of them the people reading them just don't know what to do.

Two things I think cause this;

Player mod status; report happy people, lil nubs who think that if they report a lot they will become pmod, they got a motive to over-report

In Rsc, it was very stretched that if someone misused the report system, they 'would have actions taken against their account'. Idk if it was even true, but it was said a lot of the website, so it was enough to scare the nubs that didn't know how to use the system. And I think that's what Jagex should do now; scare the lil nubs by saying on the website, in the messages of the week, etc, that is they misuse the report system, they will 'have actions taken against their account'. I think they still write that at some places, but it's not as stretched as it was before.

2480+ total

Its more than just reporting people become a P-mod. You need to act very polite and report actual offenses.

These people are the power-hungry ones that rarely never got p mod status. If I am wrong, tell me so with proof 'cause in my opinion, it doesn't take faulty reports to be a p mod.

I rarely heard any abuse of report system in rsc. Jagex could scare them that mis-using support could get you in trouble. When you open report abuse button, you do get a note that if you mis-use it, you'll be banned. But, since when do kids read that anyway? :S

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Trigger-happy reporters think the Macros are and 'easy' way to get a P-Mod status, as they're the easiest to report - i think i saw some guy with a tally in his signature saying he had reported over 6000 macros - Was he a mod? Nope... He just kept dreaming.

JAGeX clearly need a few more P-Mods... But i'd like to see some made who haven't actually ever used the report button, but have been seen as a positive influence to the Runescape community.

Its more than just reporting people become a P-mod. You need to act very polite and report actual offenses.

These people are the power-hungry ones that rarely never got p mod status. If I am wrong, tell me so with proof 'cause in my opinion, it doesn't take faulty reports to be a p mod.

I never said the wannabe mods that reported a lot of people ever got pmod status, I certainly don't think so, especially not if they do fake or uninformed report abuses. My point is they're there, and we have to deal with them.

2480+ total

I really don't care too much about mod status, I just report abuse I see to make RS a more pleasant place. If someone swears at me, I usually report them. If I see scammers, I'll report. I don't world hop in f2p finding macroers to report. And when I do, I don't tell the people I reported them. I find saying that to be bratty.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I really don't care too much about mod status, I just report abuse I see to make RS a more pleasant place. If someone swears at me, I usually report them. If I see scammers, I'll report. I don't world hop in f2p finding macroers to report. And when I do, I don't tell the people I reported them. I find saying that to be bratty.

i went around saying not to yell out 'reported' on a new account... got a few noob-calls, but most agreed that it's an impolite thing to say.

as for the report screen...

it's among the most useful things there is, but far too easy to abuse