~ Need Help Concerning Making Bolts and Their Effects ~

DegenerateX

I'm a a ranger with 82 Range and want to start using cross bows to mix things up during my training. I have knives, cannons, arrows ect. but want to know what training with bolts is like seeing as people have quite a few hits a lot higher than what I hit with arrows and such.

First of all what is the heirarchy of the bolts concerning damage?

I understand that Rune > Adament > Mithril > Steel > Iron > Bronze

But where do the effects of the gem tippped ones [(Dstone, Diamond, Ruby. Emerald, Saphire, Opal, Jade, Pearl)]

Do I have to enchant the bolts or can I leave them unenchanted.

1.What is the difference in damage between enchanted and unenchanted ones?

2.What are the effects of the enchanted ones besides higher damage?

3.How much damage does each do?

4.How often does the special effect take place?

If you could please post it in the following format:

Bolt Name:

Special Effect:

Accuracy:

Damage at 82 range (thus far I have yet to find a bolt damage calculator)

Manufacturing the Bolts?

Using the Search Button I Managed to Find the Following Information.

To make gem tiped bolts, first smith some unfeathered bolts from metal bars, then atach feathers to them. you have made regular bolts. to make them have gem tips, get any uncut gem (sapphire, emerald, ruby...) and use a chisel on it to cut it. If you use the chisel with the cut gem again, you'll have an option to cut it into bolt tips. Once you have the gem tips, use them with the bolts and you'll have gem tiped bolts

If I make Mithril Bolts and attach saphire bolt tip to them will they have different damage than if I make Adament Bolts and attach Saphilre bolt tips to them? Or does adding a gem tip nullify what type of metal the bolt previously was.

Assuming that yes the kind of metal you use effects the amount of damage you do after youve added gem tips to them then doesn't that mean there are 36+ different kind of bolts since you can add 6 different gem tips to each kind of bolt. That seems kinda absurd to me so can anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Examples of what I mean

[b]Bronze Bolt:[/b]

Saphire tipped

Emerald tipped

Ruby tipped

Diamond tipped

Dragonstone tipped

Onyx tipped

[b]Iron Bolt:[/b]

Saphire tipped

Emerald tipped

Ruby tipped

Diamond tipped

Dragonstone tipped

Onyx tipped

[b]Steel Bolt:[/b]

Saphire tipped

Emerald tipped

Ruby tipped

Diamond tipped

Dragonstone tipped

Onyx tipped

[b]Mithril Bolt[/b]Saphire tipped

Emerald tipped

Ruby tipped

Diamond tipped

Dragonstone tipped

Onyx tipped

[b]Adament Bolt[/b]

Saphire tipped

Emerald tipped

Ruby tipped

Diamond tipped

Dragonstone tipped

Onyx tipped

[b]Rune Bolt[/b]

Saphire tipped

Emerald tipped

Ruby tipped

Diamond tipped

Dragonstone tipped

Onyx tipped

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

I dont have any information on damage but I can give you this much.

There is only certain gems that can go with each bolt and here they are.

Bronze Bolts

Opals

Blurite Bolts

Jades

Iron Bolts

Pearl

Steel Bolts

Red Topaz

Mith Bolts

Sapphires

Emeralds

Addy Bolts

Rubies

Diamonds

Rune Bolts

Dragonstone

Onyx

Only those gems can go with those bolts to my knowledge. Im sorry I dont have any damage info. I plan on using bolts like you but Im still researching infomation on them.

Edit: Go here Magic Guide and go down to bolt enchantments to read about the different enchantments and what they do.

Rightofwrong.png

It's ok if you don't know the damage, because that was a huge help, cause I didn't believe that they would make over 36 different kinds of bolts, nor that the gem tips would nullify the type of metal.

Thanks a lot.

This the BasicGuide

For the echantment They This guide

Opal :Can cause a lightning bolt to hit your opponent inflicting damage.

Sapphire :Can lower your opponents Prayer points and give them to you. Only works on human controlled players.

Jade :Can cause your opponent to be knocked down, stunning them.

Pearl : Causes water to fall on your opponent, inflicting damage. Water staves prevent this, fire opponents are vulnerable to it.

Emerald :Makes bolts super poisoned, with greater chance of poisoning than using a potion.

Red Topaz :Can lower your opponents magic level. Only works on human controlled players.

Ruby :Can cause opponent to lose 20% of their hitpoints. In return, you lose 10% of yours.

Diamond :Can ignore a part of your opponent's Ranged Defence.

Dragonstone :Can hit with the power of dragon breath. Power is lost when fighting someone with a anti-dragonbreath shield or a monster that can use fire breath.

Onyx :Can inflict extra damage to the opponent. A portion of this extra damage heals the shooter of the bolt.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

So it looks like the only ones worth enchanting are the Opal and Pearl tipped ones if I'm juts going to fight NPC's.

How often do the said effects occur?

or better yet

Is it worth enchanting bolts period?

Besides the special effects, will the bolts do extra damage than the non-enchanted version assuming it's not doing its effect at that momemt.

(What I mean is Say Opal tipped and Optal Tipped Enchanted. Will the enchanted version do more damage when it isn't doing its special effect than the regular non enchanted ones?)

Hold!

Only one or two Gem Tips fit with each bolt.

Bronze = Opal

Blurite = Jade

Iron = Pearl

Steel = Red Topaz

Mithril = Sapphire and Emerald

Adamantite = Ruby and Diamond

Rune = Dragonstone and Onyx

Also, each different gem-bolt had a special effect when fired (random, I think) that gives more damage.

You can fire the bolts without Gem Tip and unechanted as well, but I don't know the differences in damage.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

So what your saying there are differences in damage between enchanted and unenchanted versions when teh special effect is not taking place? But you just donn't know how much?/

I thought this was the purpose of Tip.it's guides. I answer most of this questions through them. :wall: Some people just don't look it up first or are too lazy.

Samus-Part-3-1.jpg

Need help or advise? Have a question? Just PM me through Runescape or Tip.it. :)