I registered for Deviant-Art and i know it wasnt a good idea

signed up for the newsletter not good ... infact that could have

had nothing to do with it they would have gave out my email any

way but oh well from deviant art or some how i have began to get

huge amounts of junk 277+ message -.- .

What can i say its horrid , my email tags junk mail as junk mail

and sends it to that section but that is still not cool i have to

take in 277 message <.< so basically i need a spam filter

or something who blocks them you know something :) .

Help Please

No more spam Pl0x it hurts! the pain aghhhh *junk mail aproches*

aghhhhhh! run!!!!

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

If your ISP already marks spam, there are usually options for it's disposal, usually set up within webmail, even if you normally use a mail program. Typically, that would be to receive marked, hold in a folder for 7 days or delete immediately - the 7 day web folder option is usually best, as it gives somewhere to look if an expected message fails to come through.

A problem with many spam marking systems, is that the filters could do with better tuning - I would prefer a good RBL over attempting to mark spammy content, that usually traps useful newsletters as well.

There is NO way to clean up an account once the scum have got hold of it - good practice is to only give out redirectors, such as spamgourmet.

It could just be coincidence, one thing to beware of is leaving email addresses, passwords or anything important in the clipboard, as that can be stolen using javascript.

Hi,

In the U.K spam is now illegal though some still manage to get through. Here are my tips for avioding spam:

Some anti-virus programs have bulit in spam filters. Be careful about the "free" spamfilters on the internet, these can have encrypted files that make the problem worse. I suggest downloading only from reputable companies or buy one from a shop.

Add all the adresses to your block list (most email providers have them)

Junk them straight away.

If possible start a new email account, but if this isn't possible then try the above.

I used to have huge problems with spam but I changed email and now i'm very careful about the sites i give it out to.

Hope the advice helps :D

wow, wow! I've found the meaning of life!

Oh oh it's gone again.

a good tip for avoiding spam in the future is to set up a disposable email account with hotmail or yahoo basically its just an email account to send the initial email verification to so that you can finish the registration process

Never argue with an idiot - it only drags you down to there level, where he then beats you with experience.

completed Underground Pass at level 52!