WIP- Death of a Star. [Space scene. 900x450] v2 UP!!!!

Nadril

EDIT: v2 up. Trying to make this one of my best yet. Tonight i got an experiment i'm gunna do. Which, will be a planet :) Not gunna tell you guys though, because if it doesn't work i'll feel dumb :lol:

Well, still a work in progress, trying to get some stuff worked out, mostly the stars :P And making it more intense.

Anyways, wanted to see what you guys thought about it so far. Just kinda of messing around, nothing realy ground breaking, except i'm not realy used to working in this kinda of space for a space scene (thats brushed, its easy to brush a 300x150 one lol :D) So it might not be as good as some of my sig sizes. Hopefully that will all be cleared up when its done :P

here it is :shock: :

V1

V2: deathofastarv21ip.png

well i think that guy is sorta right^^^...the huge black spot in the middle looks really outta place!! jus doesnt fit with the brightness of the rest of the sig.....and it might jus be my eyes but the stars seem slightly blurry...it looks like the Star Trek ship Enterprise is about to jump into lightspeed :lol: i still think it looks really great tho!!!

supdarklinkel1.jpg

the lighting on the planet is out of proportion with the lighting of the explosion, the brighter blotches look too out of place and random. Maybe... too intense?

eep, very very true :). i'll see what i can do about it. might even make the peice less intense, not sure yet.

And i'm working on the stars. Trying to get them to look right >.< Its alot harder doing something in 900x450 than it is 300x150 :lol:

glad someone understands c&c and isn't like "oh you dont know blah blah blah"

Your work has potential, fix those problems I mentioned and im sure it'll turn out great, also maybe a bit more contrast? it's too..... red.

Yeah. one of the problems with working on the contrast, is it makes the stars realy sharp and...eww. I tried doing a little bit of a blur on a new layer, than setting to like 40% opacity to lower the problem, but guess it didn't work out.

And still deciding if i want it to be intense or not intense :D

Its alot harder doing something in 900x450 than it is 300x150 :lol:

Pfftt... Try working with planet textures that are 2800x2800. And that's just the planet texture, not the canvas. Then you can talk about hard. :-P

Its alot harder doing something in 900x450 than it is 300x150 :lol:

Pfftt... Try working with planet textures that are 2800x2800. And that's just the planet texture, not the canvas. Then you can talk about hard. :-P

I have done that though :) Got a planet on my hard drive that the psd is 90mb's :lol: :-P

And for a first time doing one this big with brushing :P it proves dificulties, just as where to like place everything D:

edit: also forgot to tell you, i've done 3000x3000 and 3500x3500 before as well, and 3200x2400 Renders of landscapes :lol:

first one is way better ;)

Maybe. I guess i just like the 2nd better because the planet is fixed up (well its not here :lol: ) And it gives me some more room to mess around with :)

Plus, i love the colors in the 2nd one. But thanks. Guess i'll see what others think :wink:

there's a gigantic dark space on the uhh yeah where the comet hit the planet i guess, its just gone now..:P

and i think its too much brushing..how do u say...like u can see the brushing in it, kinda sets it off...it doesnt flow correctly maybe? i dunno how to say it.

Bah, anyone can render a high resolution image. I was talking about working with print quality graphics where you have to actually do most of the work, brushing and whatnot. I think the last time I brushed a planet that high-res it took me about 4 hours.. and I even cloned alot at that.

Like I said on MSN it doesn't seem vibrant enough for what is going on. Right now it seems to true to life but with a red overlay, which isn't your style I don't think. Myabe more spacey colors and some more contrast in everything and perhaps an asteroid belt or a large scale planet or some kind of black hole. Anything to fill it up would be good. Right now it's to empty and space is NOT empty.

Needs to be more chaotic if it's gonna be called death of a star. It looks okay not that great.

Yeah, as i said i'm still not done. Still working on it to become more chaotic :wink:

hehe, ok i see what you mean keiph :D