Question on Rares

Goldenjkered

I recently bought a pumpkin, as I thought they would go up in price, over time. But, they seem to have dropped around 300k for some reason. I just wanted to know why they are dropping.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Edible rares have never been as popular as wearable rares. I'm still sitting on easter eggs from ages ago. Those easter eggs were 10 mil a few months ago, and down to 7M a few weeks back.

However, a rare is a rare. After time, the price will rise just not as fast or as much as the wearables do.

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes, and I will forgive yours :)

There is no point in rares IMO, because by accident people will, over time eat all the pumpkins and easters. :P

And people will die with rares and lose them. (Over the years, I mean)..

I'm guessing in a few years there might not be rares left, becaues Iodo, who had a few hat sets and was a hat staker, he got banned. Which took 3 phat sets out of the game.

Slowly people eat rares or get banned with them, so one day, there will be non left.

Sorry for the spam. :wall:

Bonus_Track.png

People buy rares when there is nothing else for them to spend their money on. When new, expensive items like Visages and Dragon Full Helms come out, rares go down (especially the lower end rares). Give it time, they will go back up.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

There is no point in rares IMO, because by accident people will, over time eat all the pumpkins and easters. :P

And people will die with rares and lose them. (Over the years, I mean)..

I'm guessing in a few years there might not be rares left, becaues Iodo, who had a few hat sets and was a hat staker, he got banned. Which took 3 phat sets out of the game.

Slowly people eat rares or get banned with them, so one day, there will be non left.

Sorry for the spam. :wall:

imo the only people who say theres no point in rares are people who can't afford rares and you seriously think every single partyhat santa hat and halloween mask will be lost to a npc or ban, thats absolutely rediculess

ixl%20o%20o%20ixl.gif

ixl%20o%20o%20ixl.gif

ixl%20o%20o%20ixl.gif

I used to write down santa hat prices from time to time, for what it's worth, this is what I have (I even left the comments in, no flaming please.. :)):

06/15/06 : 11.1 mil (prices dipped due to addition of construction skill)

08/15/06 : 20.0 mil

08/24/06 : 22.5 mil

08/28/06 : 25.6 mil (santas skyrocket on news of cursed_you ban)

08/30/06 : 26 mil (it'll be interesting to see if we see a slight dip as the cursed_you news gets old)

08/31/06 : 25 mil (suprise, suprise)

09/05/06 : 25.75 mil

09/07/06 : 25.5 mil

09/12/06 : 25.4 mil

09/15/06 : 25.4 mil

09/20/06 : 25.25 mil

09/22/06 : 25.5 mil

09/26/06 : 30 mil! (what happened?!?)

10/02/06 : 27.5 mil

10/12/06 : 25.8 mil (I'm guessing they will start going back up shortly)

10/23/06 : 26.3 mil (I guess I was wrong.. :))

11/13/06 : 22 mil (I thought rares would take a hit when the lvl 99 capes came out. It didn't happen immediately, but I'd guess this is the delayed reaction to the release)

I see people selling santas on the RS forums for ~ 20 mil right now.

elle2nq7.jpg

Well, thanks for the info guys, I understand better now about the situation. I managed to sell my pumpkin for 6.85 to a f2p player. I lost 350k on that pumpkin (I bought for 7.2). I think I've learned my lesson.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered