Pixel progress -> Lady swordsman!!

Tenshi

snore2.png

I was bored, so I decided to start a pixel. xP You can see my progress on this topic, and I need CC. Not that much to see at the moment but I drew a concept piece in real life to go by later. Note: I can't draw dead people for crap! XD

wewt2.gif

It was a quick sketch. I can't draw dead people. :cry:

tenshi-chan

tenshichan2.png

I'm not too keen on manga, but it's pretty good.

The only gripe I have against the pixel drawing is the thickness of the handle compared to the width of the blade. As a rule of thumb, keep the blade's width (especially at the fort̮̩̉̉) similar to the hilt's.

The second piece I like (manga-ness aside), especially the scenery - I've never been too good at that. However, the corpse's posture and armour could be improved upon.

Hope to see more work from you in the future. :)

:shock: Great at art and writing? 10/10 try making some for your story I'd like to see if the characters look as I pictured them.

Do you have a thing about faces too? Thats my main problem when I try to draw humans.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

:shock: Great at art and writing? 10/10 try making some for your story I'd like to see if the characters look as I pictured them.

Do you have a thing about faces too? Thats my main problem when I try to draw humans.

I already drew Hikari a while ago XD I'll post it up later, after I upload it. ^^

THanks for the CC Zonorhc, I'll try to change some stuff. As I said; "I can't draw dead people" XD

tenshi-chan

tenshichan2.png

I love it, except the sword. The blade needs to be atleast the same size as the hil, or maybe like 1/5" to both sides or so. 9/10 Gj

*edit* also with your sketch, why is the guy bleeding if she used magic to kill him? Wouldn't be be horribly BBQ'ed or something?

I love it, except the sword. The blade needs to be atleast the same size as the hil, or maybe like 1/5" to both sides or so. 9/10 Gj

*edit* also with your sketch, why is the guy bleeding if she used magic to kill him? Wouldn't be be horribly BBQ'ed or something?

She bashe dhim to death with her magic rod. XDDDDD Well, not really. I suppose you are right actually. But in the final pixelled picture it should be okay, since I changed it to a sword. XD

I don't understand this hilt-blade ratio business though, care to explain further for me? o_o

tenshi-chan

tenshichan2.png

well, in real life if you made a sword like that, chances that it the blade will break off a lot faster and not to mention the wieght it would be. So a good rule of thumb is about the size of the hilt.

You can A) make the hilt and blade longer thus making a two handed sword, or B) thin out the blade

I think he is saying the grip is too skinny..in any case it is slightly off center. I really like the sketch..the pixel version loses so much!

Just brush it and be done! (I know, I am biased)

Pixelling = OMG DIE!@!!!

Not to mention I only pixel in paint; Adobe photoshop has too much namby pamby high tech things which are un-needed for pixelling, which is why I use paint. So much simple-er. XD

Actually, tomorrow, after I get back from a friend's beach-house (^___^) I'll brush it. I'm too lazy to pixel for now.

tenshi-chan

tenshichan2.png

samplesword0bl.jpg

It sucks but it is good enough to show you how the blade should look(I did this in 2 secs in MS paint) The blade isn't straight and it goes out thats what everyone was trying to say

crim2ma.jpg

Could you make a sig with a pic from your story for me? I'll think about which scene I want done I'll think about it I may wait til you have more in your story. If you don't want to do it thats fine.

crim2ma.jpg

That's amazing for pixel... I was wondering if I could strike a deal for a pixel by you some time? Not sure how I could get enough money to buy one fairly though, I'll try.

lol, she said it wasnt pixel, that a drawing atm, then she doing it in pixel later for refernc, the drawing

I understand what you all mean now, I'll attempt to change it o___o But I'd still like more CC on how to make the dead person look "dead" instead of "incredibly deformed and not in perspective" XDD

lol, she said it wasnt pixel, that a drawing atm, then she doing it in pixel later for refernc, the drawing

Yes it is a pixel, I drew the drawing first. You can see I did the first part of the pixel already :P

tenshi-chan

tenshichan2.png

Dead people are pretty simple.

First, draw a sleeping person. Next, remove or twist pieces of anatomy and/or clothing at your discretion. Then, add some blood.

If you want a more peaceful corpse, just draw a sleeping person, only slightly paler, with the possible addition of carrion-feeding creatures such as flies, worms, crows, etc.