What's the deal with Karamja Gloves?

Psycho_Robot

I personally never used those methods, mainly because I didn't know that you could sell longs (u) for more cash with the gloves.

I wouldn't do it anyway, though. What a bad, non-exp giving way to get cash.

Go Jagex. :)

Some people (like me) were planning to buy the 300k or so willows for 99 fletching, then not loose money and make a mere 3m (unintensional) just so i didn't loose money. Is that bad? nuh uh.

It may of been okay if jagex offically announced it, but it was a hidden update -.-

~Guy

Quote from some person up 2 or 3 posts:

This is just rediculous. People are finding clever ways of making money and Jagex goes and ruins it. Is Jagex just trying to get everyone on the same mindset on how to make money?

^true

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

It was a well-kept secret... but when topics like this appear, then the cat is let out of the bag. =D>

Why should ANY part of Runescape be a "well kept secret" for the enjoyment of you and the others that knew about it? Shouldn't all aspects of Runescape be known by all players? And if keeping a great moneymaking method secret to yourself, and profiting off the ignorance of other players is ok, why isn't keeping the update that ruined it a "well kept secret" as well? :|

It was a well-kept secret... but when topics like this appear, then the cat is let out of the bag. =D>

Why should ANY part of Runescape be a "well kept secret" for the enjoyment of you and the others that knew about it? Shouldn't all aspects of Runescape be known by all players? And if keeping a great moneymaking method secret to yourself, and profiting off the ignorance of other players is ok, why isn't keeping the update that ruined it a "well kept secret" as well? :|

this WAS a well kept secret. a fellow tif user let out the secret on the rs forums and he was banned by forum mods (they said he was scamming, pfft)

I was going to fletch my 10k maples for that, that way id get fletching exp and make some money off my kingdom. Not everyone was scamming people out of their money. Not everyone understands how hard it is to sell 10k maples.

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

This is just rediculous. People are finding clever ways of making money and Jagex goes and ruins it. Is Jagex just trying to get everyone on the same mindset on how to make money?

It wasn't an honest way of making money. More like bug abuse and lying to other people since allot said they were going to use the bows for fletching xp but just sold them to a shop.

Its called merchanting. 95% of Runescape does it, maybe you should try it sometime.

Why should ANY part of Runescape be a "well kept secret" for the enjoyment of you and the others that knew about it? Shouldn't all aspects of Runescape be known by all players? And if keeping a great moneymaking method secret to yourself, and profiting off the ignorance of other players is ok, why isn't keeping the update that ruined it a "well kept secret" as well?

I, for one, love the ingenuity of the players online. Without it, this will just be another clicking game. Runescape mimics real life in many ways. Some things should be kept secret. Imagine if nuclear secrets were leaked to Iran, wait thats already happening #-o

soulthresher.png

I personally don't think it was scamming. The Jagex KBase says that the gloves will get you better deals at Karamja shops. People selling maples there were just getting the rewards from the Karamja achievement diary.

It's not like it was a high-level perk; the lowest level gloves got you the better prices (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... cle_id=169)

People just figured out how to turn it into a cash cow and Jagex intervened.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours