Tip.It Times Presents: Letters to the Editor 22 July 2007

MPM

These letters aren't very well formed, and also why didn't the authors put them through a spell and grammer check? I've seen many posts on these forums more interesting and well constructed than these and i'm assuming these were the best of all the efforts sent in. Basically what i'm saying is if the content and writing quality are worse than your average forum post, why bother?

:shock:

How about this then: you work hard for a month to save up for...We'll say...An XBox 360. Now I come along with a cutting torch and reduce it to smoldering plastic which I then toss into a river. You shouldn't worry, though - it's only made up of atoms which are at their most basic microscopically tiny loops of energy. Just like everything else. You only have to work another month to get it back. But those atoms are easy to get back, right?

What's the difference? One world is tiny pieces formed together on a software background. The other wold is tiny pieces formed together within a space-time background. The effort is required in both.

I don't believe in sympathy-hunting, but I find the pixel claim ignorant and apathetic.

I like the comparison to the real world you made.

No.1: It is true, whether people want to hear it or not, that they are pixels. But they are not only pixels. they represent real items to people who use them because, on a certain level, they are real items. People that say they are only pixels seem to have something against pixels. Yes, they are pixels, but pixels aren't nothing. Therefore, the things made up of pixels are not nothing, but actual items. Runescape may not be the real world, but it is part of the real world. Therefore, Runescape and the things associated with runescape are real. They are just not physical objects.

No.2: You can't assume that since it's a video game, it is easier to achieve goals. as a new player, 10k is almost as hard to get as $100 dollars is to most children. You may put in different amounts of work, but that doesn't mean that one was easy and one was hard.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

true, but these "pixels" are much easier to earn than real money, and they have no worth in the real world. so basically it's like complaining that you lost your favorite marble deserves as much sympathy as losing your 64 inch widescreen LCD TV.

now if you lose your account, that's a different story. you put several years into an account and you in no way risked it, while staking or pking you risk losing something. plus, a 1500 total level account takes 1-2 years to make, while if you have those stats you can regain about several million gp in a week or two.

read my above post for my response.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

To all of you commenting that you don't like the Letters to the Editor, did you take the time to vote in the poll asking if you wanted Letters to the Editor or not? The Tip.It Times had to be changed, for a variety of reasons, to a monthly format. So we decided to ask the community if they wanted us to publish Letters to the Editor on those weeks no Times was being published. The majority of Times readers that voted wanted us to publish Letters. So there you have it.

News Announcement about the Times & Letters:

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?news&id=1888

Poll:

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?poll_id=55

I didn't vote, because I wasn't even aware of the change to the times. But my voting has nothing to do with it, I just didn't like these letters. Thanks to your post I am now aware of why this change has happened and if I did vote, my vote would go to yes.

I'm just saying I didn't like these letters. The letters are better then nothing, but I feel they just aren't as good as the articles that used to be posted weekly, that's all...

best-guide-ever.jpg