Does this count as abuse?

PMega

I "discovered" (I don't know if others have found it before, but I think it's likely) this tactic when fighting Bloodvelds today.

I turn on protect from melee as the enemy is about to hit, then turn it off immediately afterwards. Prayer doesn't drain, and I never got hit in all of the 10 minutes I was using it.

Now, this doesn't seem like a bug to me at all. It's certainly not an error in coding, and it takes a lot of skill and attention to time the prayer correctly, so as not to get hit AND not use up prayer.

Still, I don't want to get in trouble, so I'd like to ask what you guys think. Is this a perfectly legal, if taxing, strategy, or should I stay away from it?

Well, there's two ways to look at this.

1) If you can do it, why not? They didn't put a limit on the time you have to leave a prayer on, did they? So therefore it's fine to click it on and off when you need it.

or..

2) That's not what prayer was intended to do. They didn't program it intentionally to where you can click it on and off real quick without draining it, so you shouldn't do it. Either use the prayer, or don't use it.

I'd favor reasoning 2, because it's the more honest and moral thing to do. I'd send in a query and see what they say.

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I do this all the time, except not on bloodvelds since i can bones to peaches anwayz

but for spectres :twisted: :twisted: now thats a monster u need to do.

Its nice u found this out, btw it doesn't take as much concentration as it did before like 1 year ago, where you have to hit at the right time or else everytime u turn off prayer u stop attacking. Now it attacks even if u turn prayer off. I queried this long time ago and they said it was okay.

Its not a glitch

Right...