Black Demons

NeXiLe

So I got 150 black demons for a slayer task, not sure if that's good or bad;] I'm trying to get my melee stats up so I'd like to melee them but dunno how I should do it. I'm 85-85-71 - I have a black mask and the best armour I have is rune (sold my torag.)

Anyways, what's the best way to go about killing 150 of these? Can I melee them without protect from melee? or will I get hit too often and make it take forever? If I bring prayer pots, will I make enough from drops that I get a profit or atleast break even? Or should I just range them and be safe.. even though that takes forever at 70 range D:

Thanks for any advice.

You'll want to wear monk robes and prayer boosting equipment for protect from melee prayer, as well as prayer pots.

Or, if you have black mask and initiate armor (Orange trim) than wear that and something that prayer boosts in your shield spot (cape helps too) and just use protect from melee on them, because they hit hard and a lot from what I know.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Thanks for the reply. I do have initiate so what I'm currently wearing is:

Black Mask

Initiate Plate

Initiate legs

prayer book

glory

whip

obby cape, black gloves, rune boots and ring of wealth.

All that is a 19 prayer bonus. I think the prayer book adds +4 so I don't think I should replace that with a rune defender..

I haven't gone yet but I'm thinking about it. Do you think I'll make my money back that I use on prayer pots?

Thanks for the reply. I do have initiate so what I'm currently wearing is:

Black Mask

Initiate Plate

Initiate legs

prayer book

glory

whip

obby cape, black gloves, rune boots and ring of wealth.

All that is a 19 prayer bonus. I think the prayer book adds +4 so I don't think I should replace that with a rune defender..

I haven't gone yet but I'm thinking about it. Do you think I'll make my money back that I use on prayer pots?

I doubt it unless you get lucky, but you should make some back on herbs and alchable drops, pick up all coins etc.

If all else fails, hally them...though i don't recommend that.

Personally, i would use defender, i am happy to sacrifice prayer bonus for more assault bonus, but thats a personal preference. If you have any att/str pots lying around unused, use them, they will save you time.

I recommend doing the quest for proselyte amour asap, will help a lot when pray tanking slayer tasks.

I would definately be using super sets the whole time.. but I'm thinking about switching tasks, really don't feel like using all my prayer pots for pking on this:\ Never even heard of that proselyte armour till now, thanks for your help!

I either dhorak them or just wear guthan.

Dhorakking is pretty fast if you let you hp sink.

I usually go as low as 5. They hit 16 max or something like that. So I usually remove protection from melee once my hp hits above 20.

It's risky but fun.

and i use super att and str pots of course.

If you're gonna pray against them, a little trick I used was to spec with the ancient mace, and you get whatever you hit added to your prayer points, if you're gonna do that its also worth turning on the str +15% prayer for that one hit with the mace, could get you 3 extra prayer points.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.