Slaying Metal Dragons (2005) (AOW discussion)

Maesce

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a possibility of RANGING it at all?

I brought 2000 iron knives to the bronze dragons last weekend and killed about 50 before I ran out of knives. Definitely need anti-fire shield and anti-fire pots though.

mcguff1.png

Is there a possibility of RANGING it at all?

I brought 2000 iron knives to the bronze dragons last weekend and killed about 50 before I ran out of knives. Definitely need anti-fire shield and anti-fire pots though.

thanks, can you tell me your inventory? :D and what you wore and brought etc.

i'm so nub at this :lol:

Jason010

Da killmasta

Oh well, thanks to the guys who told me that it's range-able.

On the fourth dragon:

my.php?loc=img209&image=leggings4xk.png

Look at invent, I didn't find my printscreen button fast enough so I picked it up and then took the pic :oops:

edit, hi the pic doesnt work lol

Jason010

Da killmasta

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!

I just went to do some dragon slaying...

I had 3 4 dose prayer pots, some attk and str pots. I managed to take down 4 iron dragons and only used up about 6 sharks maybe less... Then i ran out of prayer... So i figured i would just try to melee some bronze dragons to see how i would fair. I go to bronze and try to melee them in full rune, warrior helm. I only managed to kill 2 of them with over 12 sharks. I cant believe how strong the bronze dragons are... I was fighting a third bronze and i used 3 sharks on it, but it still brought me down to 9 hp, so i ran and teled barely making it out alive... Idk if its bad luck or what.... heh...

my stats are:

65 attk

68 str

64 def

66 hits

45 prayer

total loot: less than 1k gold, 6 d bones, 5 rune javs, some addy javs too, and 3 soul runes.

I think i will raise my stats more, and try out your style... using monks robes? is that correct? idk, that makes me feel a bit strange to know that only think between my body and the sharp metal claws of a enormous dragon is a robe made of cloth.

Answer me this though... if i put on protect from melee, does that nullify any damage that can be done to me no matter what sort of defence i have? As in, if i had full dragon on, and use protect from melee, and a person with monks robes on used protect from melee, our defence would me equally good?

OMG!

I just went to do some dragon slaying...

I had 3 4 dose prayer pots, some attk and str pots. I managed to take down 4 iron dragons and only used up about 6 sharks maybe less... Then i ran out of prayer... So i figured i would just try to melee some bronze dragons to see how i would fair. I go to bronze and try to melee them in full rune, warrior helm. I only managed to kill 2 of them with over 12 sharks. I cant believe how strong the bronze dragons are... I was fighting a third bronze and i used 3 sharks on it, but it still brought me down to 9 hp, so i ran and teled barely making it out alive... Idk if its bad luck or what.... heh...

my stats are:

65 attk

68 str

64 def

66 hits

45 prayer

total loot: less than 1k gold, 6 d bones, 5 rune javs, some addy javs too, and 3 soul runes.

I think i will raise my stats more, and try out your style... using monks robes? is that correct? idk, that makes me feel a bit strange to know that only think between my body and the sharp metal claws of a enormous dragon is a robe made of cloth.

Answer me this though... if i put on protect from melee, does that nullify any damage that can be done to me no matter what sort of defence i have? As in, if i had full dragon on, and use protect from melee, and a person with monks robes on used protect from melee, our defence would me equally good?

Yea, monk robes, as long as you have prot from melee on is the same as wearing anykind of armor. Monk robes, anti fire shield and pots and you won't get any damage at all. I felt the same way as you going in with just robes, but figured he wrote a full guide so he prolly knows better than me *g*

• 3 weeks later...

using anti-fire and pray pots, you wont get damage from dragons?

i only use pray pot and shield, and bunch of lobs, full rune, dragons are still hitting me either by fire breathe or melee...

using anti-fire and pray pots, you wont get damage from dragons?

i only use pray pot and shield, and bunch of lobs, full rune, dragons are still hitting me either by fire breathe or melee...

Anti-fire pots, plus anti-fire shield and protect from melee means you dont get hit at all.