best way to 94 mage

the_hagsta

Define "best".

I'm planning to get 99 fletching over time, by fletching yew longs then alching them.

That will put me around 90 magic.

For me this method is best since it doesn't cost anything for me.

joduxw4.png

cursing? you gonna waste time and cursing yourself as that's deadly boring. My mage lvl is 53. I need 1.4k curses to get to lvl55. And get another 7 lvls requires me to do like 4k cursing.

getting to lvl70 requires me to do 15k cursing. So imagine how much time i will spend. Do stunning / high lvl spells that using soul runes with similiar effect

To cut cost, you MUST get a mud staff or expect to waste tons of runes. The highest spell that with a similiar effect uses 12 water and 12 earth at the same time. That means about 300gp each time, excluding the soul rune itself. Furthermore, you can SELL the staff if you finished your lvling up, and recover the cost invested on it.

You need to cast like thousands of them to lvl up by 1. So you better use soul rune instead of a cheaper body rune. The time saved can be used for money earning activities like nat rune crafting or shark fishing, which you get exp to raise up lvl of another skill as well

Currently taking a break from Runescape

Here is my take on it:

I hear of some people using the mage arena in Al K for good experience. I don't know if you will gain/lose or break even with this method.

You could always high alch yew longs. That will make you a profit but probably take kinda longer. Definatly one of the more old fashioned/popular ways to train though it might take longer.

Then you could try Pest Control. Now being a past PC user I know it gets boring as all hell but it is highly effective and it is by far the fastest way to train. Personally I wouldn't suggest this for anyone. I despise the new pc (with a passion).

Hmm, I also believe people use curse, but I think that is only to a certain level and then they use something else to 99, but it is something you could look into.

Ice Burst/Barrage & MM Dungeon

Its more like a splinter theory created off of the range training method using chins. I figure, if you get an ancient staff, burst/barrage runes(burst in your case) and a load of p pots. Ah top and bottom. Best prayer bonus items in your other slots. Set up in the monkey madness dungeon, under a overhang near the skeleton monkeys and have yourself a ball ^-^ . I don't know entirely if that would work, but I will definatly experiment with it a little later after 99 def and 90 attack. [Thinking about it now, you could probably save some money on prayer pots and use blood burst/barrage. I am not entirely sure how this spell works but to my understanding it takes hp from an opponent and give it to the caster.]

(EDIT:^^ It has been brought to my attention that this is not my theory and that it has been thought of/used before and it does in fact work.)

Apparently, my signature was to big.