Windows media player cant show video.

Hello.

My Windows Media Player cant show video/movies. It started right after I installed a new driver for my videocard. I have a Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT, and I have Media Player 11.

The funny thing is that it can play the music and sounds in the video/film but not the pictures.

I hope someone can help.

'

Edit: Forgot to say, I have XP home edition

20477083.gif

[Whip drops: 13]

Try another media player, WMP doesn't play everything well. Download VLC Media Player, it'll play just about anything.

I prefere winamp still for just about anything, but thats not the point. I think he means videos he was once able to play he no longer can - the only thing he has changed is his videocard driver (which shouldnt effect anything)

If it were the codec, usually it would first try to download the codec from microsoft and if said codec was unavaliable (like divx) it would give him an error message, not simple continue to play the sound but not the video.

I've had this same issue once before, and that was after downloading a video via torrent (if you must know, it was legal; Michael Moore released "Sicko" on the internet a few days before it hit theaters for free)

In that case however the file itself was corrupt and went into the recycle bin, what a waste of bandwidth

Check the overlay settings in the nvidia settings panel and in media players settings

the nvidia drivers notes say

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅVideo Mirror can only function when *overlay* is

being used. The video player may not be able to

create an overlay if another application is using the overlay, or the desktop display resolution is too high. You can lower the desktop resolution, pixel depth, or refresh rate."

Try opening Windows media Player and selecting Tools > Options

Go to the performance Tab , near the bottom where the video acceleration slider is probably set to "full" , click on the "Advanced" button

There will be a few checkboxes there to enable/disable overlays when playing videos and dvds, give them a try on and off :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear