help with members

edard

i might be joining members but im not sure if its worth it (money doesnt matter) ive been it before but i didnt really like it. i didnt have very much fun. i liked pc and treasure trails but didnt know what else was really fun. i liked castle wars except that a level 126 with ancients always had the flag :x so i need to know what i should do to get ready for members. im going to use an all new guy and going to do all the f2p quests except for dragon slayer. i want to be a ranger mostly on this new account. ill do the dragon weapon quests except monkey madness i HATE THAT ONE!!!! :wall: i need to know what skills i need to get up and what quests i should do for members

my skills right now are 48 att 57 str 30 defe 71 range 62 hp and thats pretty much it for my skills including noncombat ones

thanks

Bad_Eulogy.png

My advice would be to get most of your non-combat skills up to around 45 at least, maby 50. That way, when you try to do quests in the members worlds you have have as many skills that need leveling before you start questing. That is of course you wish to quest, which IMO is the only way to really start appreciating the members world.

My advice would be to get most of your non-combat skills up to around 45 at least, maby 50. That way, when you try to do quests in the members worlds you have have as many skills that need leveling before you start questing. That is of course you wish to quest, which IMO is the only way to really start appreciating the members world.

even runecratfing cuz im not sure if i want to get that up cuz i dont know any quests that need it

Bad_Eulogy.png

or do u think that i should have my main be a member he is kitydude and he has good stats for members. but he doesnt have very good range he is only 55 so if you have any good suggestions with members to get up his range very fast i would like to know

Bad_Eulogy.png

I'd suggest you use your main then. All the great benefits of members are centered around the mid-high level players. Before you subscribe, I'd say at least 65 combat or so, and all skills at least 30+, 40+ for more important ones such as prayer, fishing, cooking, mining, smithing, and woodcutting.

The real enjoyment comes after around 80 combat and 1300 ish total, as you unlock much of the higher level opportunities, such as better monsters, minigames, quests, etc.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

yea its always good to use an all rounder account for member as a pure will definitely not be able to enjoy the extra benefits as much. some of the fun stuff to do when u get member include farming (i know a lot of ppl beg to differ but seriously, this skill can be a good break from combat and does not require a lot of time as u can do something else while waiting), barrowing, fight caves, and actually just using all the extra powerful equipment available to members only...

of course it is strongly advisable to have a sufficient sum of money before starting...perhaps 2 or 3M so that can at least get whip and some decent stuff...can easily get back the cash by barrowing or running nats anyway...members is all about making money :D

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

my main was the one that was a member before and ive done some of the quests i have 92 quest points and like 3M but i want to get my range into the 80s or so ive done done all the dragon quests but legends scimy and halberd. ive never done barrows even though i was 85 combat at the time. i dont really know how. i heard about points or something do you just kill the brothers and get the reward right away or do u have to do it a lot and get points to get the good stuff. i mean can you just go in there kill em and get the good loot on the first try? i also need to know how to get good money

Bad_Eulogy.png

it doesn't matter when you become member but having higher stats when becoming member definately does make it a lot easier to get into the members skills. and i would suggest that you work on slayer seeing as it is a great way to lvl any combat related stats and also if you really wanna be "good" at membs i got membership 2 months ago when i was lvl 59+ everything (darn prayer or i would've been 60+) and i didn't have any trouble getting into the memb stats. but if you start doing slayer you will quickly find yourself having loads of fun in members and i am sure other people would suggest it too. unless you don't like training combat then i would suggest trying other skills until you find one that suits you but don't worry about it too much i regret having done what i did and would've preferred having members earlier so i didn't have such a huge gap in my f2p and memb stats. so become member when you want and don't worry about what others say seeing as you are going to be the one playing on your account and paying for the subscription.