Creating/recording online vids...

warren211

I know virtually nothing about technology. I can't tell RAM from an actual ram. I swear it took me 2 hours to figure out that first songs from itunes store go to your library, THEN you put them on your ipod. even then, it took me half an hour to figure out how to mvoe thigns onto my ipod -.- I have no idea how you people actually know how to build computers...

Well, now my technologically challenged mind has stumbled across another obstacle: making videos. I just want to know how i can record things like runescape and put them on youtube, or download my cell phone vids.

I don't trust other sites with downloading their video making software, and even if i did i usually can't understand how to do it...

All I want to know is: how do i record stuff like runescape? how do i put it onto youtube? how do i download cell phone vids, then put those on the internet? And is it possible to do it without downloading much? if not, what do i download?

Thanks to all you geniuses (or is it genii?) at tipit in advance for advice! A computer nub like me who thinks USB is an organization in Europe would really appreciate any advice!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Well, a program that is widely used is called Hypercam. http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/

This records whatever you want it to. You can select the region it records, and it lets you select the area by dragging a box. Or you can do fullscreen recordings. Either way, there are lots of things you can goof around with, but don't do anything you can't reverse. There are hotkeys, but I forget them, check them out. I think f4 is record and stop. After you stop each video, it saves the video to your my videos folder in my computer.

There is a popular basic video editing program called Windows Movie Maker. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

It has basic editing styles, with video piecing together, transition effects from video to video, and other color effects and such. Both are pretty basic programs, and are fun to toy with. Read what the websites say about directions, and read the manual if you are confused. Don't worry, they are the official links. But there is a sticky in the Pking Gallery I believe, it may be in this forum.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

All I want to know is: how do i record stuff like runescape? how do i put it onto youtube? how do i download cell phone vids, then put those on the internet? And is it possible to do it without downloading much? if not, what do i download?

You need something called "screen video recorder" there is various programs that does it...for editing your recorded videos you can use Virtualdub program.

Then you can upload your avi video on youtube when you have registered youtube account.

If you want transfer videos from your cellphone to your computer...i assume your cellphone uses mini sd or something memory card so if your pc got card reader you can use that then....other easy way is using bluetooth transfer between pc and cellphone....also i think newer phones works also in wlan network but i really dont have experience for wlan and newer phones so i used only bluetooth dongle and card reader to transfer stuff.