Topic Limit?

tintin113

I think that it would be a good idea, to limit people to one or two topics a day, maximum. There is a person on general discussion, who has posted 5 topics just today, 2 of which have been locked.

Because of this, I think that there should simply be a limit, or if there is one, a lower limit.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

One bad egg shouldn't bring down privelages of the rest of the board. The bad topics were locked and will fall into the dead pages of the board naturally so the problem is resolved. If the community sees value in his other topics, they'll reply and discuss. If there's no value to it, it'll fall off page one and get ignored naturally by the users.

Limiting posts because someone has a bunch of ideas all at once doesn't fix anything. If someone has several good ideas that are better suited to different threads, they should be able to post them like that and not hit an arbitrary wall because someone thinks it's needed. :?

This belongs in Forum Updates & Suggestions too. :P

Edit: Thanks a lot to whoever moved this for not noting it and making my wrong forum note look like it's was completely wrong... :evil:

I don't really see it as a problem. Granted, if there was 50 new topics created in general discussion, it might be a problem. But I have no problem with it if all of the topics generate genuine discussion. GD tends to have a lot of almost-spam and "What-ifs" in them, and good discussion would be a valuable addition.

nh.jpg