Internet Help.

gahh

My sister has a D-Link DWL-G630 Wireless Adapter. We recently got a new modem/router in one and we don't know if it is compatible. The first few days of the new modem/router, the internet worked on her laptop. Now it doesn't. Our new modem/router is a BiPac 5200G. She tried reinstalling the adapter and it still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

It is encrypted. When we got the modem/router, my sister connected and entered the password and it worked fine. Now it doesn't work. It says the signal may be too far away when it is only 5m.

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

Check to make sure the adapter works on another computer (if it's a computer that connects to your modem via a cord, unplug that cord and test the device) or that the port it's plugged into isn't damaged (test another piece of equipment that can use the same port). Other than that, I have no possible suggestions, as I'm not techie enough to go much past that.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

gahh, it sounds to me like you've hit a problem that someone I know hit with someone else's router... Frequency matching problems.

I hate to say it, but it sounds like you need a different wireless receiver unit to patch in the laptop to the router. Other than that, you're out of luck, unless you have a lan hardwire port on the laptop........ sorry. :|

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Ok, thanks. But can you please tell me why it worked the first few days with the router? And the wireless adapter can still find the network but can't connect. Sorry if it's a bit late to say.

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif