YOUR opinion on private severs

suyihai0

There are some famous private servers out there, which allow you to customize ur stats and so on... But is that legal? If Jagex detects that you are using a private server will they ban you? And why would people want to use private servers?

IMO, I think private servers are not as fun as RS. The reason I play runescape is because of its community. Thats why I like Fishing and Farming on crowded worlds, so that i can talk to other players. On private servers, you wont need to operate the blast furnace, fish trawler , and craft nats. The fun of RS comes from operating the Blast Furnace, fishing trawler with a group of people, and wondering if there is any RC pkers when I craft nats. Without these, there is no fun.

If you have a choice between RS and private servers, which one would you choose?

A rejected invention--- instant water!!!jus add water!!!

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

suyihai0.png

Private servers are illegal as they use Jagex's code, though there's no way for them to know if you have used one or not. However your idea about them is skewed. If you played somewhere where you could have any item or any stat, why would you use the blast furnace? Or runecraft? Not to mention that most private servers are just empty shells without skills working or NPC's.

- Dan

They are totally illegal versions of the game destroying what the game is for and stealing the property of Jagex.

They are harbering a corupt group of users who wan't to cheat and they are just not fun......

However on the other side the existance of the servers will probaly mean the game will never die, one day Jagex will stop producing the game and it will lose popularity.... it's a fact runescape wont last for ever.

If Jagex at that point where to make the game open source other people would continue updates ect and modifications.... the game would last for decades.

Untill this point though They offer nothing but bad to the game and are totaly illegal.

sig2webzx7.jpg