The Hunter's Run [RPG]

Unoalexi

Taron suddenly regreted signing in. Even the hounds would be better than this. Looking back at the path he tread, a little bright spot of light filtered in, not too far away. Taron shivered as he saw a dark shadowy creature lunge at the mage. Waiting until the mage was out of sight, he darted towards the exit, not knowing that someone was awaiting...

asasbs7.jpg

Taron stubbled through the dark damp forest, trying desperately to find his way back to the village. He panted and wheezed- This was worse than double Gym class on Monday's! He could almost here the bleating catcalls of the jocks running behind him- "Aren't you ever going to finish running the mile anytime soon, Taron!? Why must it take all P.E class for you to run..? *snicker*" Here, in this horrible rendition of his beloved fantasy computer-game, he couldn't even see his own hand in front of his face, and the thick brush wrapped around his legs, making him trip and fall. OH why couldn't he just leave this ghastly nightmare behind.. why couldn't he just wake up!? Thing like this didn't happen in real life.. He was so thoroughly absorbed with self-pity, he didn't even notice the soft footfalls of someone following him; the gentle pants and growls of another person.

Running wildly into the impending blackness, it took him several minutes to realize he was actually running toward the castle! Over the moonlit hills, he could just barely spot it's towering black spires.

"What the @#$%!! I was going in a entirely different direction..!! Oh no.. I'm LOST!" He paced and pranced in circles, at a odds about what to do next.

"Come on, think.. what would Ev1lc0wg0d do!?" But he never found out, for the silent stalker had just attacked from behind, pinning him to the ground.

He kicked and punched, trying to fight the large white tiger off, but it weighed at least twice more than him, and the thick bands of muscles lining its pelt were hard and strong.

"I always knew you were the weak one.." it growled as Toren tried to scream, but he was silence by a mysterious magical force.

"Unfortunately, there will be no escaping from this challenge.. Normally I would kill you for such a display of cowardice, but I'll let it slide.. this time. As you can see, I have pointed you in the right direction. Now get up, worm.."

~~~

Meanwhile, Targon, freed from the nuisance of the child, made his way to the castle easily with the addition of his Starlight spell. The light seemed to repeal any monsters, and he could say that this challenge seem appallingly easily, untill he managed to reach the gates of the castle itself..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Taron watched as the tiger dissapeared into the dark weedy forest. He was shaken. Taron knew that the voice hadn't come from the mouth of the tiger, it seemed to be all around him, the voice of the forest itself. Wary not to be caught again, he tried to move his trembling legs, but they wouldn't stop shaking. His eyes brimmed with tears, and the first time in his life, he felt true fear, not like the fear that his computer game character would die. He was immobile, eyes darting around fearfully as he took slow, calculated steps, each step brining him closer to saftey... and danger.

~~~~~

Zeke watched from the shadows, a smile creeping up on his feline face. He loved tourturing the weak and helpless, and decided not to kill the boy... yet. The boy would serve as entertainment, as he waited for the others to reach the gate... or die.

One person has already arrived. Zeke heared the voice whisper into his ears.

Seems like this is going to be more interesting than I thought. Zeke smiled, and turned his attention back to the geekish boy, moving in for the kill.

asasbs7.jpg

It's spelled Tagon, not Targon. He didn't think Toren was a nuisance, he didn't care about his prescence at all. That's the kind of person he is.

------

The castle loomed over Tagon. The stream of light radiating out from the clump of energy hovering next to him illuminated the gates. He swiveled the beam, checking for anything dangerous. Considering the type of person Zeke was, it was best to be cautious.

Once he had made sure that there was nothing seeking to rip his head off, Tagon turned to open the gate. He lifted up the latch and entered the courtyard.

-----

I edited my last post so it would make more sense.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Toren ran his last steps out of the forest, huffing and panting. It couldn't be this easy. He noticed that a huge crowd gathered around something that looked interesting. Intrigued, he went to have a look, squirming his way through the crowd. Apart from the fact that it was the place he had appeared in this strange world, it seemed nothing special, but then he gaped when he saw what everyone was screaming about.

asasbs7.jpg

To Tagon's surprise, the courtyard was full of people. In the darkness, it had been hard to tell. The crowd was standing well beyond the outer wall, which explained why he hadn't seen them in the first place. None of them had torches. Tagon walked into the courtyard. He was aware of Toren opening the gate and entering. So the boy made it, he thought.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Draconis slipped in with the weakling, no one noticed. He then mingled with the crowd, being careful to control his power so that it was not noticeable.

The crowd had gathered around a poor, blind, deaf and dumb girl, motioning something or other. It took a moment to realize that this was all a hoax. There were only maybe ten different people, including the girl. Now it would be merely finding the originals. Stalking among the crowd, using his training to blend in, he found the other nine due to their reactions to him.

He tried to destroy them, but no matter what kind of non-blatant attack, he could not cause the dopplegangers to disappear. Seeing the mage look around questioningly, finally seeing Draconis, who soon explained what he thought was happening. The mage had been moved by the poor girl, but now understood what he must do. He had the runes, and the copies dissipated. The nine bowed and left.

The three went up to the girl, Draconis yelled into her ear. "Oi! They've left, you can stop pretending!"

"You don't... have... to... yell!!! Raaaggghh!" The girl cast off her guise and turned into a great monster, not unlike a giant werewolf.

The mage looked at him. "Next time I ask the questions!"

Draconis shrugged. "Fire storm!" A great moiling ball of fire slowly flew toward the monster, the mage firing off his own spells and the weak geek running off somewhere, into the next room.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Taron ran to the giant wooden door of the castle, hoping desperately that the two mages would keep any monsters at bay. He just wanted to get this horrible nightmare over so that he could finally wake up on a sunny Saturday morning in his darkened room and play his precious game all day long while cultivating his achene spots, as he did every day that wasn't consumed by schoolwork. The path to the door was surprisingly monster-free despite the shewolf in the courtyard. The others approached the grand entrance at a relaxed pace, although they didn't really make much eye contact with each other. Taron reached for the door handle.

"Stand aside, weakling." The red mage said, sounding bored. "This might actually be danger-AHAHH!" He recoiled his hand in pain and the door turned to ice. "ICE!? Is this a joke!? Some necromancer you are, Zeke! Ice can never...!!!" But he never finished his sentence, for tight coils of supercooled water wrapped tightly around his legs, slithering slowy up his panicked form. He shot at it with fire spells, but they seemed to have no affect whatsoever; in fact, they actually made the situation worse, feeding the blight.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE, IDIOTS!! HEEEELP..me!" He gasped as the water wound itself around his chest, inhibiting any movement. The pain was cold, choking his very organs and mouth, worse than anything he ever felt. Taron swore he could hear a distant voice laughing it's @#$ off.

"Okay. I'll.. umm try.." said the other mage. He hit the coils with a few wind spells, and they released their grip on the red mage's body. However, a massive hole opened up beneath the feet of the contestants, and the group was plunged into utter blackness; the abyss.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Lucky! That's the only form of water that can hurt him. But careful, his entire being is fire, so really, earth spells are best used offensively against him.

Draconis and the other three landed quite well, it was only a small drop. And then Draconis lit a fire ball. And then they wished he hadn't.

Monsters attacked, Draconis and the mage, with the cowering gamer between them, started using attacks like mad, trying to find a weakness, finally Draconis realized what to do. "Quickly! Fire attacks, just like the horse! Fire Tornado!" A whirling mass of fire broke among the undead, scattering them. The mage also shot out all the fire spells he knew, causing much damage.

The room, finally, was empty. Draconis sat down, that last attack used up a lot of his energy.

Zeke walked in, chuckling to himself. "Well well well. You're nearly there, just a little more! Yah ha ha ha!" And he disappeared in a small cloud of black smoke. Draconis motioned for a rest, then, after a moment, he was recharged. He would enjoy that blasted necromancer's destruction!

Kuul had finally gotten to the castle. His legged throbbed from all the walking. He saw three black holes on the ground. Something inside him told Kuul to jump down. He did, and a giant tornado of fire almost hit him. He barely dogded and his tunic set aflame. "What the? What is this place?" He called. He set the fire on his tunic off. "This is the Abyss, a swirling mass of darkness in the vastness of the twsting nether, apparently, the necromancer opened three portals here." Said a red-robed mage. "I knew that." Kuul said. He was looking in his bag for a sword but found a spellbook he thought he lost almost 3 months ago. "Well well well! I thought I lost this." He said. He searched through it and found a spell he liked. "Hmm... Searing Infernal, ehh?" He said. He casted the spell and a giant ball of green rock and flame appeared and attacked the remaining abbysal monsters. "Awsome!!!" Kuul called out. "Kuul! Your a necromancer!" The others called out in suprize.

tifuserbar.jpg

Click Here!

Having had his behind saved by no less than two people in so many hours, Draconis thought it best to introduce himself to other mages and... coward.

"My names Draconis, I figure the town's big enough for all of us, so why not work together?"

"Name's Tagon, and I agree, any ruler would be better than that crazed Necromancer."

"Ummm..."

"I wasn't extending the deal to you, weakling, you have nothing to offer."

Tagon stared at him warningly, then looked back to the geek.

"My name is Taron, I'll help out given the chance."

"Kuul, though I would prefer to work alone, however, I agree that I can stab you in the backs when the Necromancer can't raise you as a powerful evil minion."

"We never said that."

"Whoops, slip of the tongue, please ignore! Heh heh!" Embarrassed, he scratched the back of his head. Involuntarily, Tagon and Taron took a step away, Draconis made a face and flash froze, then thawed him, almost instantly.

"Yeah, try that, I'm not a mage, at least not in the normal sense, I'm a soldier. And I thank you for not saying those kind of things again!"

They looked around, a stairway led to the upper regions. Only one thing for it.

Zeke watched the small group saftely from the comfort of his study, twitching with rage. How dare he?! he snarled to himself. Another necromancer!? In MY castle!?! We'll just see about that, shall we... Vivian..?"

He glanced at the black cat cradled in his lap that he had been gently stroking previously. She looked at him with her bright yellow eyes and purred deeply, snuggling father into his lap. For she knew that from the moment the contestants set foot in the castle, they would fail. The challenge was impossible to complete...

Chuckling, he returned to veiwing the coven of mages and the.. reject. The abyss was dark and cold, and filled with some of his favorite creatures.. Yes.. he would send a nice raelcun to finish them off now.

~~~~

The small group proceeded through the pitch black tunnels of the abyss, guided only by spelllight, with the geek tagging along behind. Suddenly, a roar shook the cravern from top to bottom.

"OMFG!" squeeked Taron "WTF was tat??"

"Quiet!" snarled Draconis "It might hear you, idiot!"

"BUT IT'S PROBABLY SOME KIND OF TERRIBLE MONSTER!! pomg.. He sarted to run backward. " WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF.. here!' He squeaked as he ran into a underground lake, drowning himself in the freezing water. "HELP MES! I CAN'T.. gargle.. garrgle.. SWIM.. gargle.!!"

"Someone should probably help the kid.. again.." growled Tagon.

"I'm not doing it.. He is so annoying!" Draconis roled his eyes.

"Do you think we should just kill him and get it over with!?" Kuul had a rather eager gleam in his eyes.

"NO!" said the others over Taron's panicked squeaks.

"Well fine then! Just a suggestion, jeez.."

"Well if we're not going to kill him, whose's going to help him?? I'm not.." Drancois leaned against the walls of the tunnel, his red face glowing in the sparse light.

"I will.. whatever.." Tagon walked over to the sputtering Taron. "Here kid, grab my hand."

Taron reached for his hand, but before he could touch it, he was wrapped in the slithering coils of a glowing waterdragon. He screamed as he was pulled violently under the lake's glassy surface.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Draconis saw, rather than felt the dragon, and he knew that only he had the power to destroy it, but it would be exhausting!

"Some kid jumps into the water, we have to save him, AGAIN! And I have to save us all, FLLLAAASSSSHHHH FFFFFIIIRRRREEE!!!!" He unleashed all the heat he could towards the emerging dragon, evaporating it, well, at least the steam removed the sound of screams.

Thus freed, they had to wait while Draconis ate food to recharge himself. Not to mention putting whatever first aid they had on their fresh burn wounds. They grumbled, but it was better than drowning, Draconis made plain.

-Zeke's room-

Zeke merely smiled at that red mage's futile attempts, really, it would merely convalesce and reform back into what it was. Really, did they think strategically how to do this?

His cat meowed, but he shook his head, better save energy for the final battle, if they even got that far. He sent the dragon to reform in the banquet hall, more than enough room to unleash its true potential.

---

Fun! why is water so weak! Gah ha ha! *roar!!!* argghh!!! blub...

Name: Toren

Description: Short, black hair, black eyes, pale skin. Age: 18

Allignment: Good

Bio: At the age of twelve, he found he was adopted, and ran from his family to live on his own. His computer- his only valuable and only form of entertainment. He surfs the net to find the ultimate computer game- but gets more than he bargined for when he finds Hunter's Run.

The screen flashed light blue, illuminating the dark walls around, revealing the face staring fearfully at the retorting computer screen. Two words displayed in a deadly crimson red consumed the monitor- HunterÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Run. Too late, Toren dived at the mouse. The white cursor darted across, completely missing the Cancel button . An overwhelming tingling sensation came over Toren as his vision swirled into nothingness.

TorenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s eyes willed themselves open, the pain crushing down unbearably on his tiny frame. Covered in white fur, grass reaching up to his neck, ears ridiculously large, he stared into the rippling lake nearby. The reflection gazed back in shock- a baby rabbit. Its red eyes wide, ears twitched, his mouth opened into a large O.

A snarling black striped face appeared next to him on the waterÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s surface; stealthily striking its paw a hair width away from TorenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s left hind leg. Its eyes glowing unnaturally green, grinning wickedly to reveal a set of razor sharp teeth. Toren immediately darted away- instincts already catching on. When hind legs were tired from hopping, he scrambled across the grassy terrain, as the tiger approached slowly, its steps much larger than the desperate hopping rabbit.

The chase didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t last long, as the tiger swerved around cleanly in front of Toren, its deadly claws opening, swiping at the rabbit with one mighty sweep. Toren squirmed desperately, as a claw impaled itself into his ear, pinning it against the floor. Rabbits seemed to have trouble expressing pain and fear, but the wound stung, as his hearing became distorted. As the final blow was struck, the tiger seemed to shrink into the distance. Toren watched himself being slaughtered on the computer screen- blood seeped from three deep gashes in the snow-white fur. It took a while for his vision to re-focus and thoughts to process. Toren knew it wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t a dream- for glowing words scrawled in cursive green handwriting emerged from the tigerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s eyes. The five words seemed to be much larger that the computer. The Hunt has Just Begun.

Toren ripped the cords out of the PC, wishing more than anything, to dispose of the reminder of what just happened. The screen turned blank, and the words changed. Play Along, if you Wish to Live. But he had no intentions of playing as a pawn in the game, as he lifted his precious computer, not wishing to depart with it, yet he had to do it to escape the gameÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s clutches. The window was opened, and the computer, and all its parts came tumbling out of the multi-storey building, pieces scattering with a loud crash as it hit the ground.

Look below, where you threw it. The words had changed again, now a deep blue. As Toren looked down below, his eyes popped from his sockets and his face turned from yellowish-pink to a sheet of pure white. A set of gleaming green eyes of a prowling tiger stared straight back at him, its teeth reflecting the midnight moonlight.

=D>

The unlikely foursome trudged onward through the bowels of Zeke's castle. The shivering and sopping wet Taron, the pissed off but tired Draconis, the steadfast Tagon, and the twitchy Kuul walked through the never ending underground tunnels, hoping to find a way out of such utter blackness. Fortunately, this place seemed to be deserted of monsters-a nice change.

After many hours of plodding along, they came to a chamber lit only by torchlight. The circular room was completely empty-a dead end.

Draconis had just about had it with this place. "NOO! WE WALKED ALL THAT @#$%ING WAY FOR NOTHING!!" He punched a stone pillar violently with his fist.

"Calm down.. It's only a dead end.." Tagon paced the small chamber, deep in thought. "Nothing to get angry about.."

"NOTHING TO GET ANGRY ABOUT!?"

"Yep. You need to learn how to managed your angrr.. OUCH!" Tagon's cloak spontaneously burst into flames, singeing his feet before he could dose them with a water spell. "What the hell was that for?"

Meanwhile, Taron had been wandering around the room, sobbing.

"W-Why can't I j.ju..just go home? I h..hate this place!"

SMACK!

Taron slammed into a invisible wall. "OUCH! Why is it alway me??" He rubbed his forehead in pain.

"Wait.. Taron, can you show me were you hit that thing? Perhaps this room isn't so empty at all.."

Taron lead Tagon over to the mysterious area.

"Right about.. here!"

Tagon waved his hand in the air until he touched something solid. In a blinding flash of light, the thing was revealed- a small oak door."Ahah! I knew it!"

"Whatever.." muttered Draconis as he joined Tagon by the door. Taron reached for the handle until he was stopped by Tagon.

"Don't you remember what happened the last time you did that? Here, let me see if it is safe.." He waved his hand over the door and it glowed slightly.

Suddenly, the group found themselves surrounded by a vicious pack of hellhounds. The huge one guarding the door-the leader of the pack- snarled as it lunged for Tagon's throat.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

"I can't belive im not just letting them die..." Kuul said. He took out his full rune armour, put it on, and jumped right infront of Tagon. "Arrghhh!! GO! Don't... Worry about me! I can handle these things!" Kuul yelled. "Arrgghhh!!! Shadow blast!!!!!" Kuul yelled. A giant wave of shadow came crashing down on the hellhounds, stunning them. "Let's go, that wont keep them down for good." Kuul said. They went through the door, and, to their suprise, saw an empty hallway with doors on either side.

tifuserbar.jpg

Click Here!