.:I:.~~ Need HELP with your PIXEL SIG?! ~~.:I:.

Zimlem

Foreword:

Until I get the drive to make a sig of my own, I feel like doing this for amusement \ betterment of pixel sig quality on these boards.

The Idea:

So you're not really sure with an idea to go with something you've drawn? You're having trouble picking colors for a lineart? You're having trouble with shading? Or maybe it's just that one spot that's driving you nuts and detracting from the piece?

Perhaps you need some help, and maybe a caffeinated drink? The help I can give, but I don't have 50c for a drink. :cry: So we'll stick to help.

Simply post you're ideas or pixel pieces that need linearts, ideas, criticism, or just another point of view. Don't be afraid to post short, sloppy drags because I'm eager to get my hands on them and show you how I would do things, or toss my opinion around. I'm quite acheived at adapting to styles, so post anything you'd like.

Please remember this is just for FUN. People spam the boards up a lot with "My First Pixel" which turns out to be disastrous. If you need some help \ criticism before you hit the harsh market\discussion critics in the face with flamboyant colors, SEE ME!

-MIZZY!!

PS: <- This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were non-existant.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a main question, what file(.jpg, .png) do u have to save a file for it to show the flash?

cause i have a pic with 5 different frames, and i dont even know how to show make the flash work on the graphics gale, is there a way i can at least see what the flash looks like?

pixel8zi8.png

^First good mspaint sig.

^Me tis Peach on other misc forums.

You need to save as .gif, but you won't be able to(in most cases) to save as .gif in Free GG. Other than buying the full GG, Only thing I can suggest is transferring to ImageReady and use .GIF.

!Z

Did you Need a Link to GG or ImageReady?

GG:You can Google it if you want the Free trial, but as I said, they only let you save in .GIF once you pay for the full version.

IR: Comes with Adobe Photoshop 7.

:!:

Did you Need a Link to GG or ImageReady?

GG:You can Google it if you want the Free trial, but as I said, they only let you save in .GIF once you pay for the full version.

IR: Comes with Adobe Photoshop 7.

!Z!

oh, i wanted imageready, i also got paint shop pro 9.....there isnt a 30 day trail for image ready is there? i have graphics gale

hiya!
sry bout that, just seeing if it works

pixel8zi8.png

^First good mspaint sig.

no 30 day trial

waaaaaaaaah...=(

It feels like I'm babysitting you, stop posting in quotes. -Korla

pixel8zi8.png

^First good mspaint sig.

Vegeto go away you are too annoying, plus get rid of all the quotes in your profile.

Yes, stop it.

And there is a 30 day trial of Adobe Photoshop CS. :? On their site.

and great idea zim. I'd give yah the 50c for the soda, but ala's i'm thirsty and just spent it for my self 8) .

ahh im glad you made this topic! well ive been having REALLY BIG problems with this sig im working on

Sig:

newestpixel6nb.png

Well the problem is that i cant draw the plate legs - i just cant seem to make it - and when i try it looks so fat - can you help me in a way?

also u can comment on what i have so far - its nothing much though

pureleaderpixelie1.png

I think the main problem was with the hips. You're abdomen was rounded at the bottom suggesting wieght or a more vertical angle.

newestpixel6nb8yl.png

Just my ideas on where it should lie, trying to follow a more cartoony style. The feet are off, but I didn't try to form them, since the legs is what you were concerned about.

-Zim

ALSO: Add things like hand and arms in there to give it a more full look while you're testing out the part you're unsure about. It helps with judgement.

mimesig23at.png

Well my idea for this sig is to have the mime doing "glass box" in Fally Park. I wanna add some ppl in full drag and a few ppl in robes and phats.

They will all sorta be gathered around him and one guy will buy flippin a coin in the jar :P

You can see what Ive got so far. Any advice on placement of the ppl or jus anything will be greatly appreciated!!! :P

supdarklinkel1.jpg

o6vsquall7.gif

f1blotrsig.png

Ty Search button for those ^^. First is like a year old lol.

Z-Spin:

Place the mime and his glass box on a wooden pedestal to distinguish that he is, in fact, in a glass box. Have one warrior just to the left swinging a weapon at the glass, failing to break it. Have two other characters sitting on a bench (Going NW from the box, eventually behind it. Remember, glass is transparent so dull the colors you can see through it) Have one of the warriors use his Drag Med as a popcorn bowl as they watch intently. Use dull, simple, not-too-detailed-but-still-nice characters in the background traffic. Avoid too low of a horizon line and avoid stuffing it with trees. The other onlookers (if you want more) are up to you, but don't make TOO many.

This was assuming the "box" would actually be "seen" but if it's invisible disregard the comment pretaining to that.

-ZIM!

Ok well i retried the legs and i think i did much better

what do you think?

newestpixel4jp.png

but i still have a concern - those legs dosent quite seem to match my body - i should prolly change my body aswell?

:?

pureleaderpixelie1.png

Dark: Yes, it seems to be coming along nicely.

Pure: You're head and body have a rounded, cartoony look to them. The legs you re-did although applicably nice, are slender and "elf-like" for lack of a better word. Thicken the feet, lower the crotchlines, and enhance the calves.

-Zim