-Sin's Guide For Mutes-

Sinless_Hero

-Sin's Guide For Mutes-

Welcome, friends. You have chosen to join the ranks of the muted. I don't know how. Maybe you decided to get mouthy with a player moderator. Maybe you felt the need to ask people where they live, or maybe you thought sharing your super secret keylogger website with everyone was a good idea. No matter the reason, you all share one thing in common:

Your account is muted in-game.

I've been muted for about 2 years now. At first I didn't even want to play, but finally I managed to make it fun being muted. Communicating with players was no longer a need, but a challenge. PMing your friends (as I had come to realize) was a privilage. It was not a right. Too many times in the past 2 years have I logged onto a friends world and wasted 12 laws looking for them, simply so I could give them a "wave" emote.

With this guide I hope to help shed some light on how disadvantaged mutes are, but also help those players make the most of playing on a muted character.

Buying and Selling Items

Buying and selling items on a muted account is by far the worst of the punishment. You cannot tell people what item(s) you want from bank sales, if they do know what item you want, they don't know how many you want. The simple solution to this problem is to be creative.

If you are buying items, try and break it down to the related skill. Lets use an example.

You are buying a law rune. The best way to do this is to trade a player and offer the items that are most commonly with the item your looking for. Offer up 3 airs and 1 water. Give them a second to see this, then put up 1k for the law.

Your trade screen now should consist of 3 airs, 1 water, 1k gold. If they offer up a law, remove all but the gold and accept. If they ASK if you are buying a law, close the the trade screen and use the "Yes" emote. I would recommend doing it twice just to make sure they see.

In trades, using related spells are the best way to purchase magic related items. There are many other thing to do though, and many other items. If you purchase food a lot I recommend buying the item used for that food. To buy sharks, put up the amount of cash you're willing to spend as well as a "Harpoon." This helps signify you are in need of sharks.

Using this basic idea will help you in buying tougher trades. The more often you use this method, the faster you will become at pointing out the item you wish to purchase.

For other types of items, theres easier ways to you think to get the message out to the person you're trading. Check out the list below for some tips for each item type:

Weapons/Armor: If you have another item of the same quality, this works well. For example, if your buying a dragon longsword, put up another dragon item. Try and specificly go to someone selling the longsword. That way the know what your interested in.

Runes: Read the example above in the "quote" box.

Bank Sales: Put up the exact cash for the item you want. If you have a related item put that up too, but make sure to remove it. One good example is I was buying a Beserker Helm. I put up 60k and an archer helm, then removed it after gettting them a chance to see it.

Asking For Help

Out of all my time being muted, the only impossible communication I've had is that of asking people for help. It's ridiculously hard, seeing as noone knows exactly what you need help with. The only advice I can give in this area is check other websites. Guides are the only thing that can help you outside the game, and may not be enough to help you complete your goals.

Appealing

To bring this guide to a more uplifting end, I will finish my story. This morning, the same morning started and finished this guide, I found out I was unmuted. 2 years of being permenently muted and I can finally speak again. This came as a huge suprise to me, and I am very grateful for a second chance.

How exactly I became unmuted I cannot disclose. But I can offer up this bit of advice:

-Take a lot of time and thought about what you are going to say in your appeal.

-You may only appeal once, but you may use the feedback form as many times as nesscery.

-P2P players always have a greater voice then F2P.

-While muted be the best player you can be.

That pretty much sums up my guide. I hope you found it useful, and good luck. Remember, things will get difficult while being muted, but try and make it more of a challenge.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

A really nice guide.If i ever get muted i will probably start a new account if my appeal fails. :cry: I would miss talking to people witch i do alot.it would be hard to be muted.

ill give u a 10/10

• 2 weeks later...