Multiple programs?

Hulk12

B.T.W. All of the older versions where left from updates. I would think if you get prompted to DL a new version the old one would get un-installed...

yes it is safe to delete the old versions of firefox. Unfortinatly firefox isn't a clean update which means it doesn't delete the old verson.

I am prety sure you can delete the old paintshop also, get another opinion on that though.

goldenblade995.png

Be careful, as if you have the programs installed in the same directory, you'll very likely uninstall all versions when you uninstall one of them.

Wyrm is right, if you just installed Firefox and/or Jasc as an update, over the original, you had better leave the entries alone.

You can fix them by going into the registry (if they annoy you), but they are definitely not taking up 3 times the space of one install (Windows' calculations on that are pretty crappy anyway). I suggest you leave them alone.

Don't remove anything, these who replied dosent understand, whoever mentioned this I'm going to see then sorry.

First of all, I did the same mistake, i deleted the older version therefore I lost all my bookmarks, saved passwords and everything else.

My firefox refused to start too.

The good thing was that I copied my profile before uninstalling them because I knew something would go wrong,

I had to redownload firefox and copy my profile back to this current firefox version.

Have fun.

Don't remove anything, these who replied dosent understand

Hmm I don't think you have any right to say something like that seeing how I know some of them on a personal level I know for a fact there acomplished Tech and Computer users.

Go away.

Asking dumb questions, this is no "FIREFOX SUPPORT" If you want support for firefox found out yourself like the rest of us - you come here and get help for free and then u talk sh1t.

I was just trying to help, ..

Go away.

Asking dumb questions, this is no "FIREFOX SUPPORT" If you want support for firefox found out yourself like the rest of us - you come here and get help for free and then u talk sh1t.

What right do you have to tell somone to "go away" ?

Hulk's question was perfectly reasonable, and this is a perfectly reasonable place to ask it. By your logic, this board shouldn't even exist, because everyone should be asking their questions on official support forums.

And as far as I can see, you're the only person "talking ____".

IRKAa.jpg

Go away.

Hulk's question was perfectly reasonable, and this is a perfectly reasonable place to ask it. By your logic, this board shouldn't even exist, because everyone should be asking their questions on official support forums.

yeah true..thats why no one of u knew this.. :roll:

Go away.

yeah true..thats why no one of u knew this.. :roll:

Knew what?

We didn't know that if you uninstalled one instance of the program, it will uninstall most of the files critical to the rest of them? We didn't know that if you uninstalled something that you would lose all your data for it unless you backed it up?

I fail to see how you drew that conclusion, as it seems that several of us/them gave more or less that exact information. However we/they worded it better, and they included other information. Such as: the way windows calculates "size" isn't very accuarte, and the reason that he has multiple instances of FireFox is due to a bug.

IRKAa.jpg

Well that ended quick...

Ok back to my question here... Should I wait till the next FF update and see what that brings? But where does that leave me with PSP?

If it really bothers you, you could back-up any user data you needed, and then uninstall and reinstall the programs.

Personally, I would just ignore it, it's not really hurting anything.

Also, I know that it was said that the way windows calculates size is back-assward, but, I dunno if it was said why it is that way..

One of the things is that it says that you have 2 instances of PSP, each one taking up 200mb, but what you actually have is 1 instance, that's taking up 200 mb. Same with FireFox.

IRKAa.jpg