The wilderness suggestions rant-

Lovinthemage1

A Person in my clan asked me to post this because he lost his old tip.it forums account heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s called versatile pk, he has been playing since classic idk if you know him or not. This is in no way my work and I will not be answering your questions just discuss it amongst yourselves.

As i'm sure alot of you will agree, the wilderness has changed for the worse. since the start of rs2 really it has been in decline. now, frankly i'm sick of it, and i know many, many people are too.

here is a proposed list of changes that i have come up with for the benefit of all the people who love to PK. if any of these get implemented i will consider this an enormous sucess.

1. Low level wilderness.

2. The kill message

3. fights

4. The ditch/graphics

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Low level wilderness

For a lot of people, the only reason to play runescape is to player kill. So i think it is more than fair that the wilderness gets good updates.

Lower level SINGLE wilderness, is a hotspot for pkers as i'm sure you're aware, especially level 1-5 wilderness directly north of edgeville town.

This is a fun place to pk. it is one of the only places where it is best to pk 'solo' which i'm sure many people find more enjoyable.

This however, is ruined by 'pjing', 'tagging' and in general noobs who get in the way of fights.

if you dont understand the terms i have used then to be honest this isn't worth you reading as you wont understand the finer points of my arguments. However i will explain them.

'Tagging' as it is refered to is when one player in single wilderness is tagged by 2 or more players. this leaves him at a disadvantage because it is difficult for him to kill any of his opponents (because if he comes close he will be tagged) and he will run out of food much faster than his opponents.

'Pjing' as it is refered to is when a player kills another player, and thereby is insantly attacked by another player. this is rather unfair on the player who has just killed another player, as there is likely to be loot on the ground and he is at his most vunerable.

Versatile Pk

28-Oct-2007 14:13:35

Last edited on 28-Oct-2007 14:14:51 by Versatile Pk

I am not by any means suggesting that people should have to accept fights, or shouldn't be allowed to attack other players. its the wilderness! the only place where you can.

my suggestion is that wilderness levels 1-10 are "lower risk"

a better name can be thought up i'm sure. but the basic principle is as follows.

in wilderness levels 1-10 players MANY NOT attack other players for a full 5 seconds after they have been in a fight.

This includes. the players foe running, teleporting, dying or both players eating for long periods of time without actual combat (at most 5 seconds). whichever way, the player who is left standing at the end of the fight is safe for a further 5 seconds, to either escape, pick up his loot, or prepare himself for the next battle.

i can see the negatives to this idea. But if you are desperate to to 'pj' or 'tag' then there is the rest of the wilderness for you! all of the wilderness past level 10 is the same old rules.

Note: this update would not affect 'multi' wilderness areas at all.

this provides a place for pkers who just want to enjoy fights without the worry of a team being put against you. in low level single wilderness it's only fair that a player does not need to worry about that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The kill message.

This one, again, is more for updating the Single combat wilderness.

by, "the kill message" i refer to the message that says "you have defeated ....."

you were clearly a better fighter than..."

In the single wilderness, like the multi wilderness, the kill message is awarded to the player who has dealt the most damage to the foe. the same applies to multiple combat against NPC's

Versatile Pk

28-Oct-2007 14:13:46

Last edited on 28-Oct-2007 14:15:24 by Versatile Pk

In the single wilderness this is flawed greatly. if a player has a fight, the fight goes unfinished. the same player comes back into the wilderness. you kill that player after a long and close fight, or infact a fight that lasts a matter of seconds, and yet you still dont get their kill message. The person that wasn't good enough to kill that player gets the kill message. and then we have the copious amounts of level 3's step onto that spot. leaving you waiting 1 minute to receive nothing from your foe.

My idea is simple. i'n SINGLE wilderness levels 1-10 a player is awarded the kill message, and thus the loot of his foe Only if he kills his opponent.

This does not affect multi wilderness, or the wilderness past the 'safe' levels 1-10.

The only people this will effect are the 'looters'. people who stand on loot in the hope that the killer did not receive the kill message for his foe.

I would estimate losing about 10-15m in loot to looters because of not receiving the kill message i should be entitled too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. The fighting.

For anybody that has ever pked north of edgeville on a '*K world' will know how difficult it can be to pk properly with upwards of 10 people standing on you, and around you.

This isn't a problem in higher level wilderness where the concentration of people is far more dilute, so this need only apply to wilderness levels 1-10, once again, in SINGLE.

i have no problem with spectaters. watching fights is very good fun. This is proved by the amount of people who make, and watch pk videos.

Versatile Pk

28-Oct-2007 14:13:46

Last edited on 28-Oct-2007 14:16:05 by Versatile Pk

However spectaters need not stand so close to the people who are fighting. you get a perfect view from 3- 7 squares away from the fight. People unfortunately are not corteous to stand this far away from fights, and are often rude enough to stand on people and spam "@@@@@" so they fighters cant even see their own health bar.

the obvious solution is to just turn their chat off but this shouldn't be neccessary.

i propose that spectaters cant stand in the 4x3 square around a fight in level 1-10 wilderness.

|___|___|___|___|

|___|_X_|_X_|___|

|___|___|___|___|

The fighters, indicated by the 'X' are in the middle squares, and no one may stand within the squares directly next to either fighter.

Misclicking on the wrong person when you are trying to fight is incredibly frustrating.

there are enough obstacles to overcome when pkin. spectaters shouldn't be one of them.

4. The ditch/Graphics

I applaud the wilderness ditch. Nothing against lurers, but did anyone ever stop to think of the poor person who worked hard for their items that got lured and lost them in minutes? i agree its totally unfair. As good as the ditch is at protecting people from lures its not neccessary to need to click it to get over it. just a very obvious line to show people where the wilderness starts would suffice, and there is no reason for the ditch to be so ugly!

the thing puts a dampener on the whole wilderness. it looks stupidly out of place and isn't attractive.

I also think with the new graphics updates being given to towns it would be nice to see the wilderness get one. it could look far more of a vile and corrupted place. I would just love to see any change for the better added to the wilderness, even something as cosmetic as this.

Versatile Pk

28-Oct-2007 14:13:47

Last edited on 28-Oct-2007 14:16:21 by Versatile Pk

Thankyou very much for taking the time out to read this, i hope you will agree with the suggestion/* but if not i would love to hear your views (constructive only) so i can better this peice.

Also, sadly i wont take anything you say into consideration if you dont actually pk, or use the wilderness.

Also if this is in the wrong section please move it this said talk about runescape, i was going to post in the tech and bug section suggestions but realised what the forum was for. So please like i siad feel free to move this at any time to the right location.

lovinthemage.png

Whip pks 21

barrows 12 :(

dragon drops 1 ;( d legs

I agree about the ditch, it is ugly. I'd like a ditch maybe 4-5 squares wide, with bridges every where with major danger signs like skulls on gates or something.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Agreed, I'd love to see the wilderness improved. Its the only thing that I find fun in F2P.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.