FireFox sound isn't working

OddLYOKO

There is nothing wrong with your ocmputer or anything... this is just because of jagex, it is there fault. They don't support sound for other browsers, therefore you won't hear the sounds while using firefox... its fine by me, the sounds are lame anyways :wink:

Lol... I guess that's one reason why you shouldn't get something new and dump it's predecessor into the trash.

What are you talking about? Firefox surpasses internet explorer by a long shot... Not only the security issues, but the features....

The one and only draw back I know of, is it can't place sound in RS... big whoop? I don't use RS sounds anyways... I would rather have my computer as well as all the vital information on it be secure then have 27 trojans and 1000's of other corrupt files containing spyware...

Honestly, I have a hard time believing you know what you are talking about at the moment...

According to bugzilla andrew said they are working on making the sound work in other browsers. When RS2 was created only IE had a sufficiant midi player but now sun java has this feature built in so they are working on using that instead of the IE specific one.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I use FireFox, but I downloaded RuneScape onto my computer that Sword Icon, So when Ever I wanted to play just have to open that up instead of putting the url or go to fav.

The client he means, which uses Internet Explorer

The one and only draw back I know of, is it can't place sound in RS... big whoop?

Yes, "big whoop." I LOVE the RS music. And also at the time I was thinking of my old computer. It had lots of great stuff on there, and this computer is sooo much better, but the old comp has stuff that's better than on here. Every browser has its strengths and weaknesses. Although IE does have very few strengths, I'll admit.

The one and only draw back I know of, is it can't place sound in RS... big whoop?

Yes, "big whoop." I LOVE the RS music. And also at the time I was thinking of my old computer. It had lots of great stuff on there, and this computer is sooo much better, but the old comp has stuff that's better than on here. Every browser has its strengths and weaknesses. Although IE does have very few strengths, I'll admit.

I didn't know people actually listened to this music... I will once in a great great great *gets ready to copy \ paste* once in a while... when I cook, that is about it.

Now I want to take a player poll :lol:

According to bugzilla andrew said they are working on making the sound work in other browsers. When RS2 was created only IE had a sufficiant midi player but now sun java has this feature built in so they are working on using that instead of the IE specific one.
The java midi player plays the files differently than the midi player RS uses now, just tested.

http://www.ideas2work.com/java-articles ... layer.html