Need help (google problems?)

cmeski

Ok, basically I'm unable to access google.com, sounds wierd but thats it. Every other webpage works fine. I've talked to all of my friends who told me google is working just fine but when I load up the page I get "The page cannot be displayed". I'm completely out of ideas, I've tried rebooting several times and even uninstalled the new microsoft beta spyware program that I recently installed thinking that was the problem...

If anyone is having the same problem or knows any ideas or solutions to my problem, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

finalsig11dz.gif

Firewall, I've turned that off too tho. Ummm...I've been looking around thinking that maybe my browser has been hijacked and I think thats the case...I tried downloading hijackthis, but I'm unable to get it off the main page and when I tried downloading it off another page my virusscanner said it had a trojan?? I'm really getting confused

finalsig11dz.gif

Little update...somethings blocking me from doing anything that has to do with searching and cleaning viruses/adaware/ect. Every website I try is being blocked by something and I have no idea what to do now...

finalsig11dz.gif

I tried just about everything now...everythings being blocked. I did get to download HJT off of download.com...but when I opened it my virus scanner popped again saying a virus has been detected.

The name of the virus is W32/generic.worm!p2p

I know for sure download.com doesnt have viruses...so im pretty clueless

Also, I notice sometimes when im loading a page that cannot be displayed im getting connecting to pagead2.googlesyndication.com on the bottom of my page as it is connecting. DONT go to that site..who knows whats it it but i think its the source of my problem.

finalsig11dz.gif

boot up in safe mode with networking, then try...

To do this, restart and quickly hit f8 repetedly. Then you should come to a screen asking how you would like to boot up.

use the up\down arrows to select 'safe mode with networking' then hit enter.

Log on the administrative account, and then try downlong and running the stuff :wink:

but when I opened it my virus scanner popped again saying a virus has been detected.

The name of the virus is W32/generic.worm!p2p

That's a bug in your virus scanner (I think it's McAfee who did that?). You should update your virus definitions.

Also, I notice sometimes when im loading a page that cannot be displayed im getting connecting to pagead2.googlesyndication.com on the bottom of my page as it is connecting. DONT go to that site..who knows whats it it but i think its the source of my problem.

That's just the site for Google Ads. It's nothing bad.

lol, I have no idea what that is...sorry about that. Well anyways, the whole problem was with my ISP the whole time. I guess when I saw that virus from HJT I was thinking the worst, but everything is fixed now.

Thanks

finalsig11dz.gif

lol, I have no idea what that is...sorry about that. Well anyways, the whole problem was with my ISP the whole time. I guess when I saw that virus from HJT I was thinking the worst, but everything is fixed now.

Thanks

You should still post a HJT log just to be safe. You never know what nasties lurk on your pc. If you still cannot get 1.99.1 to work (dam mcafee still hasnt fixed their bug) then you can download an older version of it from http://www.merijn.org 1.98

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12