Security Centre Addition

Alina

The Alt Scam - Duplicating

Somtimes dishonorable players will be willing to do anything for items, and money. In this scam a player will take his victim to a secluded area where only his friends are. He offers to show the victim how to duplicate whatever item he wants that costs alot. His first instruction is to choose the item that costs alot that he wants to duplicate, and then press Ctrl + FC. This causes the victim to log out of Runescape, allowing the player and his friends to gather the armour up and walk away.

Please remember that there is no way to duplicate items in runescape. If a player trys to attempt this scam on you, report them and walk away.

Add this into the Security Centre part of the site, please.

Edited: (Alt + W has been changed to Alt + FC)

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

Free Membership Scam.

If you ever happen to see a player saying "Free Membership! Add me and PM!", It's a scam. The player would most likely PM you asking for your username and pasword. First off, do not give the player your password. If this ever occurs, Report the player using the report abuse button at the right hand corner at the bottom of the screen. If He, or she attempts to make like it works, don't respond.

The only way to obtain membership is through the Runescape Website. There are certain methods of payments for membership, it is not free. To seek more information on Membership visit Runescape's Knowledge base located on the main page.

Add on to the Security Centre part of the site.

~Alina

• 2 weeks later...

Moderator Scam

If a player ever states that He/She is a player moderator that does not have a silver or gold crown next to there name is a scammer. Please don't fall for scams like these! If you ever come across a player doing this, Report them using the "Report Abuse" button.

Second Part of Moderator Scam

When you see a player advertising a website to become a free moderator don't fall for their lies. Only Jagex Staff (Gold Crown Near Their Names) can promote a player to a moderator status. Never ever go to websites that say's it can promote your account. Report the player for "Advertising/Website".

~Alina

Report the player for "Password Scamming", And "Advertising/Website".

I think it should be 'Password Scamming' OR 'Advertising/website', as you can't really report for both :P

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Moderator Scam

If a player ever states that He/She is a player moderator that does not have a silver or gold crown next to there name is a scammer. Please don't fall for scams like these! If you ever come across a player doing this, Report them using the "Report Abuse" button.

Second Part of Moderator Scam

When you see a player advertising a website to become a free moderator don't fall for their lies. Only Jagex Staff (Gold Crown Near Their Names) can promote a player to a moderator status. Report the player for "Password Scamming", or "Advertising/Website".

~Alina

This should be Advertising/Website, since they are not asking for your password. It's the same result (perm ban) though.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

But they aren't asking for your password, so they aren't password scamming.. They are advertising a website. It increases the changes of them getting banned, because saying "Go to scamsite.com to become a mod" isn't actually password scamming, but it is website advertising. If they were reported for website advertising, they would be guaranteed to be banned, but since they aren't asking for your password, they may not be banned for password scamming, since Jagex isn't going to take the time to check out the site to make sure it's a scam site.

I think you might have mistaken what I mean.. I'm saying that it should be "Report for Website Advertising.", not "Report for Password Scamming or Website Advertising."

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.