I've just been hacked!!

draven417

ah, the beauty of ghosting :)

my advice?

You have an updated copy of win XP, so it is most likely legal. This means to me that you most likely have a newer machine, probably with a cd burner.

Take all your personal files (i.e pics, music, documents....no programs) and burn them to CD.

Then use the recovery disks that came with your computer to do a fresh install of everything.

The ruls of thumb in the IT industry is: If it takes you longer to fix the system than it would to do a fresh install or a re-image, then do the fresh install or re-image.

For me that is about 20 minutes. So if i have to work on something longer than 20 minutes, I just re-image. Too easy.

Now some poeple are more stubborn than that, but the bottom line is you should wipe your machine at least twice a year anyway, just for GP (general purpose). As long as you have a good back-up method, this is too easy.

Dude... he doesn't know how to move a folder, I wouldn't recomend him bothering to try this :roll:

So you would rather have her picking through registry hacks where she most definitely has a chance of screwing up her machine to where nothing is recoverable...lovely. Carry on then.

Windows installs are set up in a way that just about anyone can do them with a little guidance. If it is a new computer, the provider most likely has a pretty super simple instruction set that is targetted at beginners. I mean, for christs sakes, its been 11 days already and no one has offered a credible piece of advice to him yet about what he needs to do and how he needs to do it, and the bottom line is, going through the registry hacks needed to clean up this machine is something I take care at doing and I have been doing this for almost 17 years now.

Yes draven, I mean reformatting your system. its not hard...get out the recovery instructions that came with your computer, burn all your personal stuff to a cd if you cant stand to lose it. Plop in your recovery disks and have at it. Its a fairly simple process and you shouldnt run into many problems. If you do, contact the customer support for the company that made your computer. The help desk personnel are paid to help you . Utilize them. This will give you a fresh install that is certain to be free of any viruses, spyware or keyloggers.

Once you have it installed, you really need to get firewall and antivirus software if you dont already have it and spyware software. Spybot, Ad-aware, and MS Antispyware are all free and work pretty well. If you dont have a firewall, there are several available, but remember that you get what you pay for. Sometimes free doesnt necessarily mean good, and on the flip side, sometimes expensive doesnt necessarily mean best. The internet security suite that I use and have had great success with is bsecure from bsafe.com. It runs about 70 USD a year, which for the security of your computer, really isnt that expensive.

Hijackthis logs and all that neat stuff are nice, but if you are not at least an intermediate level computer user, you wont have any idea what to do with it, and the turn around time in here has been horrid in your case. Utilize your customer support, they are there at the touch of a button.

And you never know, you just might learn something :wink:

Binyam.png

ah, the beauty of ghosting :)

my advice?

You have an updated copy of win XP, so it is most likely legal. This means to me that you most likely have a newer machine, probably with a cd burner.

Take all your personal files (i.e pics, music, documents....no programs) and burn them to CD.

Then use the recovery disks that came with your computer to do a fresh install of everything.

The ruls of thumb in the IT industry is: If it takes you longer to fix the system than it would to do a fresh install or a re-image, then do the fresh install or re-image.

For me that is about 20 minutes. So if i have to work on something longer than 20 minutes, I just re-image. Too easy.

Now some poeple are more stubborn than that, but the bottom line is you should wipe your machine at least twice a year anyway, just for GP (general purpose). As long as you have a good back-up method, this is too easy.

Dude... he doesn't know how to move a folder, I wouldn't recomend him bothering to try this :roll:

So you would rather have her picking through registry hacks where she most definitely has a chance of screwing up her machine to where nothing is recoverable...lovely. Carry on then.

Windows installs are set up in a way that just about anyone can do them with a little guidance. If it is a new computer, the provider most likely has a pretty super simple instruction set that is targetted at beginners. I mean, for christs sakes, its been 11 days already and no one has offered a credible piece of advice to him yet about what he needs to do and how he needs to do it, and the bottom line is, going through the registry hacks needed to clean up this machine is something I take care at doing and I have been doing this for almost 17 years now.

Yes draven, I mean reformatting your system. its not hard...get out the recovery instructions that came with your computer, burn all your personal stuff to a cd if you cant stand to lose it. Plop in your recovery disks and have at it. Its a fairly simple process and you shouldnt run into many problems. If you do, contact the customer support for the company that made your computer. The help desk personnel are paid to help you . Utilize them. This will give you a fresh install that is certain to be free of any viruses, spyware or keyloggers.

Once you have it installed, you really need to get firewall and antivirus software if you dont already have it and spyware software. Spybot, Ad-aware, and MS Antispyware are all free and work pretty well. If you dont have a firewall, there are several available, but remember that you get what you pay for. Sometimes free doesnt necessarily mean good, and on the flip side, sometimes expensive doesnt necessarily mean best. The internet security suite that I use and have had great success with is bsecure from bsafe.com. It runs about 70 USD a year, which for the security of your computer, really isnt that expensive.

Hijackthis logs and all that neat stuff are nice, but if you are not at least an intermediate level computer user, you wont have any idea what to do with it, and the turn around time in here has been horrid in your case. Utilize your customer support, they are there at the touch of a button.

And you never know, you just might learn something :wink:

Thank you very much. I will look into that.

draven417.png

You can also * Though I don't recommend this if you do not know what you're doing* go into Start, run, type 'regedit' and go into edit>find, and type srcsvc[Caution: ExecutableFile] and see if you get anything. This is the file I was keylogged with, it's name anyways. If this shows up, delete every entry that has to do with it. ONce you delete one entry, hit f3 to find more. Repeatthis until when you hit F3 it says, " NO more entries can be found"

You can also * Though I don't recommend this if you do not know what you're doing* go into Start, run, type 'regedit' and go into edit>find, and type srcsvc.e3e (CAUTION - executable file) and see if you get anything. This is the file I was keylogged with, it's name anyways. If this shows up, delete every entry that has to do with it. ONce you delete one entry, hit f3 to find more. Repeatthis until when you hit F3 it says, " NO more entries can be found"

I actually did that but I typed in the name of the infected file and then deleted them all. My one friend told me what to do. The lovely name of the file was "urf*cked" it wasn't too hard to find. Thank you for the tips.

draven417.png

You can also * Though I don't recommend this if you do not know what you're doing* go into Start, run, type 'regedit' and go into edit>find, and type srcsvc.e3e (CAUTION - executable file) and see if you get anything. This is the file I was keylogged with, it's name anyways. If this shows up, delete every entry that has to do with it. ONce you delete one entry, hit f3 to find more. Repeatthis until when you hit F3 it says, " NO more entries can be found"

I actually did that but I typed in the name of the infected file and then deleted them all. My one friend told me what to do. The lovely name of the file was "urf*cked" it wasn't too hard to find. Thank you for the tips.

The name of the file can be random or what the author sets it to.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12